the PS3 hdd...whats it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

i havent been able to find much info on the hdd for the ps3...apart from the fact that you can put music and photos on there. what i would like to know is...

can you use it so save your games like a memory card?

can you back-up your games to the hdd and play them from there with a program like hdloader or something?

does a larger hdd help with loading times or gaming performance?

or anything else?

cheers.

If it is set up like the xbox then i assume its for saved games, music , and game updates!!!!

Putting a game on the hdd would be an infringement of the copyright laws!!!!

lamensterms said:
can you back-up your games to the hdd and play them from there with a program like hdloader or something?
No you can't but certain games allow to install a certain amount of data from the game on the hard drive for faster loading.

rik said:
Putting a game on the hdd would be an infringement of the copyright laws!!!!

Not if you purchase it from the sony store ;)

The HDD is used for any kind of media file like pictures, music its also for game saves downloading of demos (try before you buy) and when its all set up you can also download full games from the sony online store its also used to store any patches released by sony for online gaming.

Also its so easy to put in a new HDD as they have allowed the upgrade option, but I wont be getting one as sonys online servers are absolute tripe thats why im going for an XBox.

Oh yeah the wireless controller for the PS3 is rechargeable by plugging into the PS3 but the only downfall is that when the controller batteries wear out and cant take a charge anymore youll have to buy a new controller (nice one sony) :(

Gamer Footage Quicktime needed to view footage.

dazzer9535 said:
Oh yeah the wireless controller for the PS3 is rechargeable by plugging into the PS3 but the only downfall is that when the controller batteries wear out and cant take a charge anymore youll have to buy a new controller (nice one sony) :(

Gamer Footage Quicktime needed to view footage.

Actually thats not true anymore. Inside the manual that comes with the PS3 there are instructions on how to open the controller and replace the battery, I know because I did get one.

The only game ive played so far that allowed installing game files to the hard drive was Ridge Racer 7. It only takes maybe 10-15 seconds to load a track anyways(off-BluRay) so I dont really see the need to waste 5GB of my drive to shave off 5 seconds of loading time.

Supra said:
Actually thats not true anymore. Inside the manual that comes with the PS3 there are instructions on how to open the controller and replace the battery, I know because I did get one.

The only game ive played so far that allowed installing game files to the hard drive was Ridge Racer 7. It only takes maybe 10-15 seconds to load a track anyways(off-BluRay) so I dont really see the need to waste 5GB of my drive to shave off 5 seconds of loading time.

Did it also say in the manual that opening the controller voids the controller warranty? I say that as im just wandering if sony had some kind of get out clause?

Thanks for the heads up tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back