Status
Not open for further replies.

guyver1

upgrade components:

1 x Zalman Reserator1
1 x Akasa 18db 120mm fan 480W PSU
5 x Zalman 18db 80mm case fans
2 x CoolerMaster CoolDrive4 drivebays

MY mission - to change my PC from a chinook helicopter at 20 meters into a a hummingbird at 5 meters.

first task

install new PSU and drivebays and fans

easy peasy

cooldrives1.jpg

cooldrives2.jpg

cooldrives3.jpg

cooldrives_dark1.jpg

cooldrives_dark2.jpg

all my case fans are now controlled via the 2 cooldrive bays which have seperate rpm controls for every fan attached

so after a few hours of sweating and stressing that im gonna blow my machine up heres the zalman during the 'wet' run

PC is off reserator is on to check for leaks, hence the tissue paper everywhere.

its so quiet now ive actually got it up and running that i can hear my hard drives seeking and writing :O

zalman_cpu1.jpg

zalman_flowbulb.jpg

zalman_full1.jpg

i am considering getting some of this stuff:
http://www.inertx.com/

but at £60 per litre and the reserator needing 2.5l its a bit pricy.
but i could also balance that with its obvious plus points as opposed to water and i could sleep easier at night knowing if i got a leak then my PC wouldnt lose maybe £700+ worth of components :D so in that respect it seems quite cheap :p

well its the cooling tower (radiator) and the resevevoir all in 1, PLUS it also houses the pump inside at the bottom.

plus its totally silent, theres no fans, or other external/internal moving parts that produce noise of any kind. the Pump is silent too.

its teh SEX tbh :)

Ideal for someone thinking of buying an Nvidia 6800 series graphics card :=).

sitting quite happily at 40

2 things tho, ive got the GPU cooler also in the loop, a hercules 3d prophet 9700 pro.

ive also found out my mix of water/anti-freeze contained far too much anti-freeze and anti-freeze doesnt have as good thermal transfer properties as water, so i need to get some more water to drop the amount of AF in my mix.

under load ive not seen it go past 45 yet, im clan leader for a UT2004 clan of over 4 yrs, so my machine is constantly on 24/7, plus it gets a good beating with the amount of hours of 2k4 i give it.

sadly theres no way of monitoring my 9700's core temp without an external thermistor, which i cantbe arsed to set up :)

for a totally passive system of cooling im very happy, i dont overclock so i dont need to worry about temps as much.

Nice setup :)

Originally posted by guyver1
for a totally passive system of cooling im very happy
You forgot that you have a water pump there, so it's not totally passive. In addition, you have a couple of fans there, quiet != passive ;)

Nice kit. Hmm must hide my credit cards from myself.
Where did you order it from? I see it listed at several online retailers but just wondered if you hunted around for the cheapest price?

Saw over at another forum someone who has fitted this in a SFF PC. Tight fit but some nice results. Not that great if you have a SFF PC for the transportability factor, but if its just for looks the reserator offers a nice silent solution. I'll let my credit card recover from the X800 Pro first before ordering more kit :blackeye:

Reservator1.JPG

You forgot that you have a water pump there, so it's not totally passive. In addition, you have a couple of fans there, quiet != passive

the reserator kit itself IS a passive solution, the only fans in my system are case fans and do not form part of the water cooling sub system.

there are no fans or other cooling devices in the water cooling system, and the pump is silent and a necessity, having a pump doesnt mean its not a passive system. :)

Originally posted by Arris
Where did you order it from? I see it listed at several online retailers but just wondered if you hunted around for the cheapest price?

:confused:

That is a seriously cool set up youve got there. I have read various reviews going on about how good that Zalman kit is - but i never knew it was quite that big, its huge. It must be the only way they get it silent :D.

I want one, ive decided. Maybe when I go socket 939 then i could get one....I wonder, can you get zalman blocks for the GPU/N-B as well, because that would just be perfect.

Steg

Originally posted by Steg
I want one, ive decided. Maybe when I go socket 939 then i could get one....I wonder, can you get zalman blocks for the GPU/N-B as well, because that would just be perfect.

Steg

You can buy an additional GPU block for the reserator system but haven't seen anything about a NB block. And since its a fairly low power pump I think it would be pushing its limits for CPU, GPU and NB blocks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back