The RIAA Strikes Back - Kazaa Websites Targetted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

I just received this e-mail from a friend:

"Seems like the RIAA are still being a pest and won't give up the fight to stop people using P2P software. They have now asked Google to remove all indexed links to Kazaa and Kazaalite related websites and it looks like they've complied. Also, it appears that the Kazaalite website is down :-("

Just the beginning of an RIAA crackdown on Kazaa?

More here.

just to clarify, i think your friend is a bit confused.....the request for google to not link kazaa lite did not come from the RIAA, it came from kazaa themselves.
notice that searching for kazaa itself still works but search for kazaa lite and scroll to the bottom. of course the complaint only forced google to remove OLD links, new ones can popup all the time hehehe.
this is kazaa trying to stop kazaa lite.
how's that for irony?

(unless the link in your story and the email from your friend refer to 2 different things)

I imagined that Kazaa are trying to get google to remove links to Kazaalite because the RIAA are putting pressure on Kazaa.

Kazaa are trying to say what they are doing is fine, but that KazaaLite is the real culprit.

RIAA will shut down both. Or at least try to.

With the addition of the New paid version of Kazaa, Klite is even more of a pain to them. Since the only real plus to the paid version is pretty much what you get with Klite.

Though I would imagine that RIAA will be looking to collect their "fair share" of the profits from that new paid version of Kazaa.

This is the paid version I am refering to in case you haven't heard of it http://www.kazaaplus.com/

Its really sharman

The post says that the RIAA is the one that cracked down on the kazaalite sites. That is untrue. If you actually read the legal document, you'll see that it is really Sharman Networks (the creator of Kazaa).

Yes, but my argument is that they have done so due to pressure from the RIAA. They think that they can "pass the buck" and claim that its Kazaa Lite that the RIAA should be targetting, whereas the RIAA would like to shut down both. The linked article is a related, but not the axiom of my post.

SCREW the record companies!!! After all this, I will NEVER buy a friggin CD!! Anyhow, you can buy a DVD MOVIE cheaper!! It's ridiculous, and they are getting what they deserve. When I was a kid I copied tapes like crazy, what the hell is the difference?

WINMX rocks!

No phant they (Kazaa) have been trying to shut down kazaa lite from the start with no pressure from the riaa.

well as you can see they did shut down the site but kazaalite will nvr disappear as long as someone has it on ther comp. I recently reformatted my comp uh oh no kazaalite ther gone. Then a idea well y not search for it like i do every other program on kazaa. So i just found something that was around (imesh) typed in the file name boom kazaa lite out my a** :D. then deleted imesh

Also i dare the gov agencys or w/e to come find meh oO i'll zero write my hd so fast and put my old one in my comp.

K-lite is still around, and on the web itself. Just the other day I googled for it and came up with a page that was basically a working archive of previous incarnations of K-lite.

I use WinMx as does Julio, and I am sure many other. I wonder when the RIAA is going to start targeting them?

With all the john doe cases, you won't ever be certain they aren't unless your IP is forced to turn you in. How's that for rampant paranoia?

Anyone use DC++?

Originally posted by Unregistered
Also i dare the gov agencys or w/e to come find meh oO i'll zero write my hd so fast and put my old one in my comp.

You'll have to do a lot more than that and I doubt the FBI is going to wait 5 hours for your to zero your drive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back