The run "cmd" command doesn't work anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

Never seen this problem before, If i do run "cmd", nothing, the dos box sits there with the blinking cursor. I cant type in it and have to shut it off. Yet, if i do run "command" it works fine????

All my specs are in my profile.

The hard drive has suffered data damage in the past due to being cooked in an extenal enclosure but i keep an eye on it. Its no longer in an external box, its inside my pc now.
Speedfan reports no errors on the drive via s.m.a.r.t.

I currently use etrust antivirus and etrust pest patrol. Both show my system to be clean, i did however get a whole load of spyware sometime back while using the microsoft antispyware program. I'm very sure that i got rid of all the spyware first with spyware doctor trial and then with etrust. I am pretty sure that the spyware did some damage tho, i have had several problems that i have managed to fix but this 1 problem still remains. I'm getting to the point that I'm thinking that a windows reinstall is in order. I need to do some work to my psu and the wiring on my system and fit it into a new case so I'm thinking about doing the reinstall at the same time. Currently i have everything on 1 200gig drive, I'm thinking of adding a 40gig and putting windows on that instead.

i had that problem just over a year ago. task manager wouldn't work either.
'ewido' sorted that one for me.

Checked that the actually cmd.exe is there? and its from the correct drive, C:/ drive.

Check windows for the cmd.exe '

?? i thought Command.com was different ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back