The Saga Continues (Bugcheck 2)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darric

Hi everyone. You may remember me from here and here.

I started noticing a trend with my bugcheck 35's, that they became more frequent as my free disk space decreased. So recently I decided to free up about 10 gigs to see the result. well, no more bugcheck 35's.

Now I get bugcheck 2... five times in the last two days.

I was wondering if anyone could please analyse the five attached minidumps? I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried everything recommended in howard_hopkinso's sticky thread (multiple times) to no avail.

Even better, could you guys let me know what's best to use to analyse minidumps? I've been using dumpchk, but I can't make head or tail of the output.

Thanks yet again,
Darric

I'm quite sure there is nothing wrong with this one.

(Aside: You're from RSA? As in South Africa? Coincidence!)

All your minidumps crash with ndiswan.sys, and wanlink.sys. These are your MS PPP Framing Driver (Strong Encryption), and your modem driver respectively.

They all have a bugcheck of C2.

0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Your modem is probably the culprit.

Make sure you have the latest driver for your modem.

Try temporarily disabling the modem, and see if your system still crashes.

If it does. Try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE

Regards Howard :)

I definitely have the latest available driver for my modem. Unfortunately, it's not all that recent....

Do I have to buy yet another modem? *sigh*

It only happens when I'm connected to the internet... so I guess it definitely is the modem.

But meh, this is the second one I've bought. I really wish I could find one that had up to date drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back