The "should not see me" task...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Hi all,

I just encountered something odd. Right after installing the VIA 4-in-1 4.38 drivers, I instructed the setup proggie to shut down. While doing that, it kinda hung, so I waited a while. To my surprise, Task Manager came up trying to end this task called "should not see me". It somehow managed to end the process but my comp didn't reboot properly. Had to press the Reset button. Thankfully everything's fine.

Has anyone encountered this situation b4?

TIA.

Yes, it appears when the operating system is shutting down and it's closing programs. You just shouldn't see it every time or there's something wrong with it. There's the first time for everything ;)

WOW, what a message for someone to see after installing new software. I know it would freak me out as well.

Looks like everything is ok so that is very good!!! :)

Phew... This is interesting. Thank goodness nothing's wrong :D Really hate to reinstall WinXP as it takes quite some time...

Yes it does, but sometimes it is a good thing to do though. Just to clean out all the crap on your drive that you don't really need. :)

I suppose so. Sometimes I just wish Windows will not slow down to a hog after using and installing/uninstalling software from it. It gets really irritating especially if you're in the office and you don't have time to even reinstall.

I just received the same message, after having installed an EPSON printer status monitor. Had you installed the same, by chance? Now I am gonna run spybot to see whats going on.

This task is normal. It is a part of the installer program. It's supposed to do its magic almot instantly and you shouldn't see the window this is why the witty programmer named it so. If the window was named "Installer cleanup process" then you wouldn't be scared at all although if I was an evil hacker then that would be exactly what I would name my trojan.

phew i had the same mess last night when shutting down really thought it was a virus or something.....i had just installed eye candy very weird but am glad its ok only just reformatted lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back