The Sims 2: failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

levi1018

Hi
I have Sims 2 but every time I try to play it, a messege comes up saying:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I am not using a big company made computer but we had 2 like this and on the other 1 Sims2 worked. When I started using this computer I cleaned it of its unnecessary programs and i think I may have deleted the driver but...

Any Help??

Here's Info

Okay here's some info on the computer etc.:

Computer name: Super Power
CPU type: AMD Sempron,1800MHz (9 x 200) 3000+
Motherboard name: Biostar K8VGA-M
Video Adapter: VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro

The video adapter is the problem then!!!! It needs replacing!!!!

{EDIT}

I have just looked up some info about your mobo and it has an agp x8 socket so an agp x8 graphics card is what you need!!!!

hi

hey that wouldn't affect watchin vids on youtube because i'd done it before.but all of a sudden i cant because i must download the latest flash player which i did again but it's not working.

help?

Spyware may well be the reason for that!!

What antivirus, antispyware, and firewall software do you use??

Follow this guide EXACTLY ( sorry for caps but it's to make sure you listen ;) )

https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then go to the security part of the forums and post a topic with it so howard can check to see if you have viruses

After you get rid of them ( if any are found ) you might have to upgrade you videocard, They are pretty cheap for entry level AGP videocards ( about $70-90 ) you could go to CompUSA / Bestbuy or even www.newegg.com and buy a 8x AGP videocard

Hope I helped :)

I use McAfee,
I'll try to do as you said.

Levi.

But suddenly I can't access McAfee. When I open the window, a blank screen comes up with three little icons on the top right. When I click any of these nothing happens. I hope it's not a virus or spyware (though it most likely is). My dad just fixed a computer for spyware he'd kill me if i messed this one uo too.

Levi

"(sigh)"

It didn't help. I mean I didn't do everything 'cause it was a little too much for me but I downloaded AVG Free and AVG Anti-Spyware and Zone Alarm and I already had Ccleaner. I scanned and everything and deleted the bad stuff but I'm still getting the same problem.

Levi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back