the sims 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
please someone help me when i play the sims to i can lpay for like 10 minutes then it turns off and then my windows screen is huge and there are like 4 colours max it looks like an old computer when it does that it says something about the graphics being weird or somfin i dont know but if any one has had this problem or knows wat it is please help me

It could be a number of things, but let's take it one step at a time. I am assuming of course that your system meets the minimum system requirements for the game? Go to the game's website (or look on the box the game came in) to confirm.

Do the following in order, and if your problem is fixed at any point, you can skip the rest.

1. Go to the sim's website and download any updates they have.
2. Go to your video card maker's website, and download the latest drivers for it.
3. Go to your motherboard maker's website, and download the latest chipset drivers
4. Go to your motherboard maker's website and download the latest bios

I would also check if you are overheating. Try running with the case open and a fan blowing on your computer to see if that stops the problem.

You can also right click on my computer, select "manage" then "event viewer" and poke around in there to see what kind of error messages it is giving you. It could give some hints as to what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back