The sims not loading

Hi everyone
I have installed The sims triple deluxe on my laptop ( Windows 8). I first had the KB error but managed to fix it . Then when it would not work, I run it in compatibility mode. It has been working just fine. My problem now is that when I want to play it , it goes to the menu where I press Play but then nothing happens. The cd does not load and when I go to task manager I can see that the game is not open.
Could anyone please help ? I am not at all tech savvy so hopefully it is something that can be resolved easily.
Many thanks

Google for "the sims in Windows 8 and read it up." That may sound a pain but it will be quicker than fiddling around with compatibility settings. It's often a problem to get older games working but in this case it is possible. Consider upgrading your OS. Windows 8 should at the very least have already been updated to Windows 8.1. You are entitled to a free upgrade to Windows 10 which for most of us is the best Windows so far. The free Microsoft media creation tool will do that for you by downloading, installing and activating W10.

Back