The Sims Online, just around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
The multiplayer version of "The Sims," set to debut Tuesday, has been hailed as the first major test of whether subscription-based online gaming can appeal to a mass audience. Executives at Electronic Arts, parent company of Wright's Maxis studio, have touted the game as vindication of the company's substantial investment in online gaming. And the 8 million or so people playing the offline version of "The Sims" have some pretty firm ideas about how the online version should work.

"With 'The Sims,' the expectations were so low that anything we did was going to look good," Wright said. "All we can do on this project is fail, because everyone is expecting success. They've told us from the beginning this is the most important project at EA."

No doubt, the original Sims developers are facing quite a challenge with this new multiplayer version... talking of which, PC Game Sales have seen a considerable drop in 2002 for the first time ever, here's the story.

I was one of maybe a thousand (or more) people who beta tested this game...

It was quite a laugh to begin with.
You could fart, belch, vomit, and chat up women...:eek: :D

The main problem i found was that you found yourself having to upgrade your skills, earn money, sleep etc most of the time, while the main enjoyment (for me anyway) was interacting with other people online...

I soon got bored of it. Only die-hard Sim fans will enjoy this for a long time...

Originally posted by RustyZip
Only die-hard Sim fans will enjoy this for a long time...

And that is what is sad about games like this, is that there are only a few people that will really enjoy it.

Most other games I would think people would get a kick out of, but I played this a while back and found I didn't really like it, but then again, I find myself into more hardcore games (when I play them).

Can't you have two or more people in your house?

All you need is a few workers in the millitary and your character can just live off fo them!

Thats right Conrad - the more people come to your house, the more money you acquire. But you still find yourself having to sleep, eat, rest, entertain yourself (like watching tv) etc etc, and then all the people that visit your house are too busy doing the same or working, or upgrading their skills to be bothered interacting with yourself...

I used to play a lot and when I would first start out I would make 8 people only a few would be the ones I actually wanted. build a house with a phone, alarm clock and a refrigerator, that's it.
I gave them all the same job, then make sure the alarm is set and let it run for maybe twenty days. If you have them all millitary recruits then you gross around $40,000.
When you have enough money, just kill the sims you don't want by putting them in the swimming pool and taking away the ladder.:dead:

Haha now that is mean. But I bet it is funny to watch them swim around looking for the ladder. Won't the rest of the characters get mad that they have lost a friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back