The Sims2: Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullabaloo12345

Hi

When trying to run The Sims 2 the following message appears:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

I have updated the latest version of Direct X and also tried to update my graphics card, which is a

Intel (R) 82815 v.6.7

but it says i have the latest version already.

The game used to work about a month ago, before i had a problem with the computer and it needed formatting, i dont know whether this has effected anything.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

When you reformatted, did you install all your mobo`s chipset drivers?

If not, go to your mobo manufacturers wesbsite and download and install all the latest drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi,

I didnt formatt the computer, it was sent away to a repair agent but im not aware of what the ''mobo's chipset drivers'' are. Is there any information off me that you might require in order for you to continue to help?

Thanks

Try reinstalling the game.

Forget about what Howard said as the computer repair agent did that already i'm sure. When reinstalling Windows if a game has put anything in the Windows directorys it will be deleted. I have a similar problem right now. I reformatted and Neverwinter Nights won't work because something was deleted on the reformat even though its on a completely seperate drive. Not really a problem i'm just to lazy to fix it.....

I'm guessing your using a HP or something of the sort?

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game may help, but if the chipset drivers haven`t been installed it won`t.

Regardless of what WinDoWsMoNoPoLy says. It wouldn`t hurt to check.

The game used to work about a month ago, before i had a problem with the computer and it needed formatting

You should still check that your Mobo drivers have been reinstalled, as some computer repair people wouldn`t bother.

Either go to your mobo manufacturers website, or if your computer is an oem build such as Dell/Hp/gateway etc, go to your computer manufacturers website.

If you don`t know what your mobo is, you can download the free Everest programme from HERE. It will give you lots of info about your system.

Regards Howard :)

Ive tried reinstalling the game and nothing has changed. :(

Im using a HP Pavilion 710 on Windows XP Home edition.

Ive gone to the HP website but dont understand how this enables me to check whether it has been reinstalled/Cant fine the appropriate page.

Sorry, im a bit illiterate when it comes to fixing computers.

All the help is much appreciated

:)

Go HERE and click on your exact model of pc.

This should take you to the download page.

If you still have problems, please post your exact model.

Hey,

Thanks for the link, i went onto that page for downloads but there was nothing which specified for any video card updates etc

My exact model of pc is the:

HP Pavilion 710.uk Desktop PC

Well done HP. Not much help there, absolutely no drivers at all.

Do you have the drivers cd that came with your computer?

If not I suggest you contact HP.

This is why HP sucks. If you dont want to mess with HP. Browse to Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> and System Information. From there type out what it says from System Model to SMBIOS Version in a post here.

Hi

I went onto that link and clicked the Windows Home Edition XP, then went on to select the :

. Graphics Driver [WIN2K_XPE67.EXE, WIN2K_XPM67.EXE] (4398KB) 6.7 8/23/2002
Intel(R) 815 and Intel 810 chipset family graphics driver. Supports Windows* 2000 and Windows* XP.

After downloading this, during the installation it came up with a message warning me that by installing this version, i would be overwriting the already newer version on my computer, so i clicked no.

So now im back to the original posistion i was in.

Here is a game compatibility list of your onboard graphics.......
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010468.htm
The Sims 2 should run but with minor issues or workarounds.

If you click on the details link you will find this....
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-016327.htm

Also not all new versions of directX 9.0 are supported, as you will see here...
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-003951.htm

On that link you might want to look at the "Intel Graphics Game Troubleshooting" link for more advice.

Other thoughts... you have and AGP 4X port on your motherboard. Have you ever thought about buying a graphics card? Pretty much any upgrade would be better than onboard video. Example upgrade card......
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121197
How much memory (RAM) do you have? Your motherboard supports 512MB max or 2X256 MB sticks. Onboard video will improve if you increase your RAM.

Hey i'm having the same problem ...but i have the Nvidia 5200 fx card....and my game was working fine today until i installed freetime..i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that did nothing...when i uninstall back to bon voyage my game works fine tho.

this thread is 2 years old... try doing a system restore to befor u instaled the software that messed up your stuff.

i get the same message as above

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate"

and i have a hp pavilion xe793..... can anyone help me?

i installed/downloaded the directx 9.0c thing but it still wont work.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back