the sims2 university doesn't work on my computer...please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utterchaos

the other day i brought the sims2 university for my computer...it's an xp...my computer doesn't meet the requirements as it has 224MB RAM...but it didn't stop me from playing the sims2....it was just slightly slow, BUT i can't play the university expansion pack cuz it needed directx 9.......so does the sims2...i could play that.... :confused: i've downloaded directx 9c now but it still doesn't work...my computer is saying it's installed...

some-one please help me!!!!

arghhhhhhh....i dnt think i have a graphics card :dead: this is the info i found out:
Device
-name:
-manufacturer: n/a
-chip type: n/a
-DAC type: n/a
-Approx total memory: n/a
-current display mode:1152x864 (32 bit) (1Hz)
-monitor:

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! AND HOW COMES I COULD RUN THE SIMS2 BEFORE!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The chances are that you`ve got onboard graphics. If this is the case then you will be severely limited as to the games you can play.

Please can you fill out your system specs as per this thread HERE

Download and run the Everest programme as described in the above thread.

Once we have the info we will be better able to advise you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

You can find out more about your mobo HERE .
You will see that in fact you do have onboard graphics, but that the mobo also has an agp4X slot. This means that you can get a better graphics card.

Take a look HERE for info on the sims2 game and it`s system requirements.

Regards Howard :D

so i have ProSavage....not gd then because its not supported...****!lol...that explains it then....but i was able 2 run the sims2 :suspiciou why not the sims university???

iv lookd that up already...it isnt supportd but i was using the same computer to run the sims2 in the first place...that was fine...slightly slow but it run....i needed direct x 9 then too. this is very weird :suspiciou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back