The Steam Winter Sale has begun

Scorpus

Staff member

It's that time of the year again: Valve has launched the Steam Winter Sale, offering the usual huge discounts on thousands of PC games from now until January 4th, 2016 at 10am PST.

The Steam Winter Sale appears to be very similar to the last major game sale from Valve. Rather than offering daily deals and flash sales, all of the discounts throughout the Steam Store will remain the same until the end of the sale period. The highlighted deals on the front page will change, but the discounts will not.

There are two unique features to the Steam Winter Sale. The first is the ability to collect Steam trading cards simply by browsing through your Discovery Queue. Cards are delivered to your Steam inventory every time you browse through an entire queue, for a maximum of three cards per day. You can also collect a card for every $10 you spend during the sale.

The other cool feature is a comic by Valve called Gingerbread Jake in "Northpole Noir", which will be updated each day with a new page, so check back every day to see the adventure unfold.

Aside from that, the Steam Winter Sale includes a typical selection of discounts. Some of the best deals that can be found include The Witcher 3 for 50% off, Grand Theft Auto V for 40% off, the recently-released Just Cause 3 for 20% off, and older games like Skyrim and Civilization V available at 75% off.

Permalink to story.

Well it looks like it's about time I finally grab a copy of GTA V. High time too. $60 for a newly released PC game!!! You've gotta be kidding me, no video game is worth that price. I was convinced that was a typo everyone was making until it was verbally confirmed.

Well it looks like it's about time I finally grab a copy of GTA V. High time too. $60 for a newly released PC game!!! You've gotta be kidding me, no video game is worth that price. I was convinced that was a typo everyone was making until it was verbally confirmed.

This is true! I typically won't spend over $40 for a new game, unless it is an epic part of a series or something (even then, would get it as a xmas gift). lol

The prices here in Canada are $80 a game now since the Canadian Dollar is so damn weak!

Most of have to wait 6 months for a game to drop to half price (on a sale).

I'm waiting to buy The Nathan Drake Collection for PS4 for $30 or until uncharted 4 comes out (then I'll buy both the same day and have a 4 game Uncharted marathon at 60 fps 1080p lol)
Star Wars Battlefront for PC for $30.
Until Dawn for PS4 for $25

Those are my spending limits and I'll wait for awhile.

The prices here in Canada are $80 a game now since the Canadian Dollar is so damn weak!

Most of have to wait 6 months for a game to drop to half price (on a sale).

I'm waiting to buy The Nathan Drake Collection for PS4 for $30 or until uncharted 4 comes out (then I'll buy both the same day and have a 4 game Uncharted marathon at 60 fps 1080p lol)
Star Wars Battlefront for PC for $30.
Until Dawn for PS4 for $25

Those are my spending limits and I'll wait for awhile.
Yeah. It's very asinine of the consumer to preorder games at inflated prices, in fact it's harmful to everyone except the publishers, dev's shareholders etc. They're smiling and don't care because all the investment involved has already been amortised and profit shown prior to release hence buggy, crappy sub par releases are all the norm and whilst this form of legal scam persists, the consumer can complain, moan and shout all they want but things will never improve. The only thing that'll bring about reformation is voting... with wallets, and it'll get their attention very quickly.

Back