The TechSpot blog is back

Julio Franco

Staff member
(old post dating back from 2005) Just thought I'd give you a peek before we announce it on the frontpage later this week hopefully... TS' Staff own weblog

Update:
https://www.techspot.com/blog/

I know how you guys love to bring old threads into new discussion. I'm sorry but it is back, alive and kicking on complete ALPHA form! :D

Nice concept....good, clean look as well. I'll enjoy keeping an eye on it as well as the forums. :grinthumb

I am still trying to get into the habit of writing in a blog. Perhaps it would be easier if some of you mentioned some of the things that you would be interested in hearing about every now and then?

Personally I'm interested in your thoughts about games.
Level flow, ingenuity, creativity, how much freedom you feel you get compared to how much you'd like to have, graphics vs. story, what kind of gameplay you like and how interested/willing you'd be to try a new genre (adventure/RTS/FPS/arcade/whatever) etc...

Actually the blog was created with the purpose of talking about our own interests, be it technology related or not, there are topics we can not discuss in detail in an article or frontpage news... so you could either use the forums to start a discussion or create a new entry in the blog.

So far I have only used it to discuss new site developments and a few topics of my own interest like sports.

Seeing there is an increasing interest in blogging nowadays, I thought it would be nice to have a shared blog where visitors interested in knowing more about the site's backstage operations or knowing about the staff in a more personal level could use the blog.

When posting a comment in the blog, why do we need to provide Name, Mail etc., ?

If one is a TechSpot member, are these details required ?

Frontpage comments and vB share the same system.

The blog does not, as it is based on WordPress and there was no practical way to do it. However you don't need to register in the blog to post, but the information is required to avoid spammers - that is unfortunately common practice for blogs based on this software, the idea is not to be flooded with bot spam in a matter of hours.

Back