The Ultimate Troubleshooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This software is from "answers that work" After intalling the new version, it will not display "findings" and "recommendations", making it functionally useless. I've tried everything I can imagine and followed lots of advise, but nothing changes. Today, I went thru the un-install, then shut down anti-virus/firewall and re-installed from the CD I bought from them, with no change. E-mails to their sales and support departments are simply ignored, they do not answer. Anybody got any idea what to do next?

Please don't go around calling program "a con" with no information! I have been using the Ultimate Troubleshooted (TUT) for several years on two systems with no problems. This is a god and very legitimate program that it might do you well to look in to.

Click on View at the top of TUT and set it as you want. Most problems like this are due to user error in configuring. Hopefully this will help you set it.

rik, I see that you are a "malware remover in training". Hopefully before you are out of training you will have a better ides of legitimate programs.

Well if it's that great why wont it work for the original poster??

I use Mcaffee site advisor and it said that over half of the sites that host it are dodgy in some way.
I didn't form my opinion out of thin air!

Also, i didn't say it was a con for sure, just that it sounded like one as so many other bits of software of its type are.

I can't tell you why it isn't working for the original poster. But I can tell you I've had a combined total of about 8 or more years using the program with no problems.

I also don't know what you mean when you refer to "software of this type". What type? This program allows the user to open it at any time, see exactly what is running, a description of what it is and recommendation of how to handle it.

There aren't any 'hidden' processes on it. the user can access other part s of the system to make changes if wanted, change startups or Services. I will tell you in no uncertain terms that I would take what this program has to offer over what the McAfee Site Advisor does. It sounds like it may be putting out some bad 'advise'

AnswersThatWork.com puts out this site and it has one of the best references available for tasks lists.

Wow...
I've used and enjoyed this software for years with never a problem.. As I said in my original post it is only after paying for an upgrade to the latest version that I've had this trouble.

Click on View at the top of TUT and set it as you want. Huh? have you looked at the setting that can be changed there? There is nothing..
Most problems like this are due to user error in configuring. Hopefully this will help you set it. What will help? I've been thru ever configuration option ...there are no configuration changes that have anything to do with this problem. My real issue is that even though it is a good software program why can't someone in either their sales and/or "customer service" sections at least answer an e-mail? Really baffles me.

I think I may have figured it out. When you open TUT, the screen should shows what's running on the top and the findings and recommendations in two sections below. There is a dividing line between the Taslklist and the F&R- it is movable. Are you seeing the task list? Put your cursor on the line between the two sections, hold left mouse button down and move until you see the double ended arrow. Move this up or down, whatever is required to allow the F&R spaces at the bottom.

I'm hoping that somehow this sizing got changed and while the actual F&R are available, you can't see them because the tasklist screen is going down too far.

Let me know. I understand you are frustrated, but I am trying to help. Please have some patience..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back