The Unstoppable "Stop Error"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I recently purchased a new computer!

I got, a 8800 gts, 2 gigs of ddr2-800 ram, an E6400 processor, and 320gb HD.

But whenever I play these games...

Red Orchestra, or Battlefield 2, I get a blue screen of death, the stop error o.O

It's pretty dam anoying, because those games are great. If you could please give me your insight, Vista says its a driver error, like it got in an infinite loop, or stopped or something. But its to do with the driver.

Thanks everyone

Thanks Howard, But my computer is brand new, I checked all of that, and everything seems to be fine, So I'm not sure what to do

I found the minidump file location, but how would I go about to showing you what you want?

If you would like the error vista says this is it

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

Go to where your minidumps are stored and zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together.

In your next reply, scroll down the the manage attachments button and click on it. Browse to where your minidumps are stored and click the zip archive you created and click open, followed by the upload button. Click the submit button.

Please note: Techspot has a limit of 100kB for attachments, so you may need to attach more than one file.

Regards Howard :)

Unfortunately, your running Windows Vista and I don`t have the correct bugcheck codes in order to accurately diagnose your problem.

All your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 124. From what I can gather, this is the same as the WindowsXP 9C error code. If that`s the case, then a hardware problem of some kind is probably the culprit. I`m sorry I can`t be of more help, but you really need to try and diagnose which hardware is faulty.

Because your computer is new, it will still be under warranty. Maybe it`s a good idea to have it looked at under the terms of the said warranty.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back