The Voodoo 6 8000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top_gun

THIS IS A VIDEO CARD...

voodoo680001.jpg

I think that someone posted this on the old forums like 2 years ago or something. I knew it was something someone had knocked up on Abode Photoshop then as well.... ;)

Agreed Greeno :)

Phant> Unc posted something like it on the old forums... Though his didn't have the same text... It was... a wee bit.. more positive than this one...

The sad thing is, that card really isn't all that impressive compared to what we have now - EVEN THOUGH it is a hoax. ;)

It was probably made over two years ago.. I remember seeing similiar things with "AGP 8x" and "500Mhz" speed etc.. They were meant to be a representation of satirically rediculous hardware with equally rediculous specifications, making fun of 3Dfx's approach.

What's cool is this stuff is becoming real now. :) .. And without the twenty VSA chips I might.

Voodoo

I had a Vodoo5 from day one and I still miss that card. It got to where the drivers were just not supported anymore, but as far I am concerned that card would still look better then my Geforce givin proper drivers. 3DFX's anti-alaising was really impressive.

Happy Holidays

I never did like 3DFx. Nvidia always seemed to come above. The Voodoo series was good for video editing n' such. I do wish we had more companies making chipsets than ATI and Nvidia. It would be nice to have a decent variaty. Dont you think?

I have a Voodoo2, a Voodoo3 too.

These were the best things in the world. I can remenber the first time I sw the Quake2 demo in 3d.....My carpet was wet after that.

3dfx were the pioneers of gaming graphics, and If nVidia didnt sue them...they probably still would be.

That fact that the Voodoo4/5 took to long to come out was a direct result of the court battle between the two graphics monsters.
I'll just leave it at that.......Long live ATi *strokes the Bright red 9700PRO in case*

3Dfx was literally an undisputed king during their V1 - V3 days. nVidia did make superior products though and 3Dfx fell behind the tech curve.

It looks like nVidia might be falling a little behind against ATI too, but I'm sure we'll see nVidia pick back up again. :)

I loved my V3.. But that was many years ago. The V4 and V5 series were products of souped up, old technology... Much like an old station wagon with a rocket attatched to the back.

Maximum PC did an article on that card but it had 4 processors and needed so much juice that it had to have its own power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back