The war of two cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I have been looking for a while, however I have been unable to find what I've been seeking. Therefore, I decided to come here to see if anybody can help me with my problem.

My particular problem should not need too much information about my computer, the only thing I know that would be needed is that I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate.

After spending most of my money buying the rest of my new computer, I'm stuck with having no funds to buy a new video card, but here's where my problem comes in.

I do not know if the current onboard video card that came with my motherboard is better in terms of playing games than my old one.

The one that came with the motherboard shows up in Device Manager as:
NVIDIA GeForce 8300

The one I had in my old computer was:
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

My question is, which one should I use - focusing primarily on the ability to play games.

There are probably better cards out there that I could buy, but that isn't an option for me at the moment.

If you need more information about my computer, please ask.

I don't know that you have a choice. Isn't the Radeon 9600 Pro an AGP card and your new motherboard likely has a PCI-E x16 slot? If so, you can't use the Radeon in your new PC anyway. So if your old PC is still operational, your option is to play your games on one PC or the other.

Hmm, breaking out my motherboard's user guide, it seems you are correct, and if the Radeon 9600 Pro is an AGP then you're right, I can't use it.

Thank you for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back