The Witcher 3 on PC will come without any DRM

By Scorpus
Oct 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. There's nothing that PC gamers hate more than restrictive anti-piracy measures (and bad console ports), so it will be welcome news that CD Projekt Red are completely ditching DRM for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The developer posted an open...

Read more
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Just this after-noon I watched a video that drew my attention to the Witcher series. I was actually keeping my eyes open for news about Witcher 3. This is one more positive piece of news that I was not expecting to hear. I may just have to purchase the game to support non-DRM titles, regardless of my interest in the game.
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,887   +644

I did exactly that for Witcher 2! I had no idea what to expect but as it turned out it was a very good game as well xD
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  4. The Witcher 1: DRM is knocked out with the last released patch.
    The Witcher 2: DRM is knocked out with the first released patch.
    The Witcher 3: no DRM whatsoever.

I like where this is going :D
  5. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Addict Posts: 225   +46

This company deserves your money on the first day of release. No waiting for Steam sale, CD Projekt has earned that as a company.
    Mooseinadesert likes this.
  6. Seems like a case of "It doesnt work anyway whats the point?" to me.

Not that thats a bad thing.
  7. There's nothing PC gamers hate more than someone's generalisation of what they hate more :)