TechSpot

The Witcher 3 Review: A grand adventure that feels distinctly of its time

By Jos
May 22, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. witcher wild hunt review

Looking back over my last 60 hours with The Witcher 3, I feel a bit like its wandering protagonist: A very attractive man standing alone on a hilltop, looking out over a vast kingdom, unsure where to begin.

Just kidding; I look like garbage right now. I’ve spent the last week and a half mostly shut in my apartment, blinds drawn, headphones on, eating potato chips and staring at my television. Over something like five dozen hours, I’ve killed countless monsters, saved scores of villagers, shagged a sorceress or two, and finally watched the credits roll. I’ve seen a fair chunk of The Witcher 3, but I’ve also left a substantial amount of it unexplored.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is an open-world role-playing game that casts you as a legendary and sexy monster hunter named Geralt of Rivia. You spend most of the game guiding Geralt as he explores a collection of massive open outdoor areas, taking on quests, slaying monsters, talking with people, making difficult moral choices, and gradually leveling up his gear and abilities. Basically, doing the whole RPG thing.

Read the complete review.

2. darkzelda

darkzelda TS Addict Posts: 251   +86

I simply love this game...

3. Cryio

Cryio TS Booster Posts: 192   +58

The Witcher series easily ranks very high, on par with Mass Effect IMO in terms of overall artistic and gaming achievement. Definitely in terms of storytelling.

4. noel24

noel24 TS Maniac Posts: 304   +154

No Unicorns have been harmed during making of this video game...

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,606   +287

I still haven't gotten round to finishing the second one!

6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,541   +2,337

On par? Witcher out shines ME in all aspects. It's a tighter package conveyed by a vastly better story. They both belong in a game collection, but CDPR > BioWare.

7. Cryio

Cryio TS Booster Posts: 192   +58

Haven't finished Mass Effect 3 yet and haven't played Witcher 3 properly neither. I'll wait for more patches, DLCs, etc before I'll have a final impresion ^_^

8. chalita

chalita TS Rookie

Love this game
    I just play this game on my PC
    graphic is great