The wittiest Abba tribute band name, is..

By Po`Girl
Sep 2, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. Abbatoir :grinthumb

"The World`s only Heavy Metal, Abba tribute band", apparently.
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,438

Hmm... Never heard of abba, I don't like Heavy Metal but i'll listen to it to see what they sound like ;)
  3. Blakhart

Blakhart Newcomer, in training Posts: 510

Holy crap this is awesome!
  4. frenchi700

frenchi700 Newcomer, in training

Did you guys know that there are around 50 ABBA tribute bands in the UK alone?
    My favourite one is ABBA Sensation: www.abbasensation.com
    Check them out
  5. Twister123

Twister123 Newcomer, in training Posts: 219

you never heard of abba lucky you
  6. Twister123

Twister123 Newcomer, in training Posts: 219

sounds like hell on earth , sorry for the negatively , but I can't stand them .
  7. abbafanatic

abbafanatic Newcomer, in training

Fellow Abba fans - check out Abba's Angels (abbasangels.co.uk), they sound and look great and put on a fantastic show!
  8. almcneil

almcneil TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,554

I recall one ABBA tribute band that came through here (Ottawa, Canada). They called themselves "Björn Again"

I though it was original

-- Andy
  9. frenchi700

frenchi700 Newcomer, in training

ABBA Tribute Band's have had to change their names. They have been told to take the word ABBA out of the Band's title.
    My fav has changed it's name to Sensation - ABBA Tribute Band.
    www.abbasensation.com
  10. chrisdamps

chrisdamps Banned

Swede Dreamz

what do you think?
    swede-dreamz.co.uk
  11. Doctor John

Doctor John TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 247   +15

Oldest

Have you heard the prehistoric Abba tribute?
    They're called Abba-dabba-doo!
  12. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TechSpot Booster Posts: 375   +64

I have to admit I never really did appreciate Abba. I've always been into the blues (old Delta blues stuff, Chicago blues -- BB King, Buddy Guy, and Clapton when Clapton is the bluesman he should be) and of course rock n' roll.

But I was vacationing in Thailand with friends once and we went into this little honky tonk kinda place and were regaled by "Abba-mination": all guys -- two of them in drag. They sang along with a karaoke machine and did stand up in Thai. I couldn't understand a word they were saying but they must have been funny because they had the Thai audience in stitches.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.