The yet-to-be-announced HTC One (M8) appears in a 12-minute video

Himanshu Arora

Just a couple of weeks after noted leaker @evleaks posted images of the new HTC One "M8", during the weekend a kid from Schaumburg, IL uploaded an exhaustive 12-minute hands-on video review of the device (developer version).

The video does not provide any shocking revelations about HTC's next-generation flagship phone, as most of what it shows seems to be in line with what we already knew, nonetheless it's nice to see the phone in action, and there are some features worth mentioning.

For example, the new device is more rounded than the outgoing HTC One, and has a microSD card slot, which was present only in the dual SIM version of the HTC One. The headphone jack has been moved to the bottom, while the power button is now on the right of the device.

The upcoming flagship device will have two rear cameras, and feature six shooting modes including Camera, Selfie, 360 Panorama, Video, Zoe, and Dual Capture. The latest version of HTC Sense 6.0 looks mostly the same.

HTC is set to (officially) unveil the HTC M8 on March 25th.

Permalink to story.

Fair warning to those before watching this... the person doing this review sounds like a teenager who somehow got his hands on an M8. It's not a review by anyone with any sort of knowledge about the phone.

Judging from this guy's 'knowledge' about the phone and the fact that it's a developer model, I'm assuming he has a family member who is the developer.... soon to be ex-developer at HTC. D'oh!

This guy's ignorance about the phone notwithstanding... I'm looking forward to the official release where all the features will be explained in detail. The phone looks pretty cool.

The only word the dude says that I could understand was 'cool' and that's only because he says it a million times nevertheless it's a nice blower. If I was buying a high end phone (which I won't) I'd still be leaning towards the Galaxy S5 but that's only because of this guys running commentary. I'll wait for a more 'professional' review, you know, the one where the reviewer can speak without chewing his tongue.

This kid can't even say developer near the end! Aye but whatever, I'm glad we are getting something leaked about the phone even though its not the most clear of material.

Back