There a way to tighten SATA cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Hi, My computer started up fine this morning but after my sister turned it off because of a storm and I turned it back on when I got home, I got a disk boot failure message. I immediately checked my power and SATA cables as a loose power connector ruined my last harddrive. The power was fine, but I noticed the SATA cable on the motherboard end was a little loose. You guys know of anything I can put on there to tighten up the connection so it does not come loose again? The connection is SATA 1 type. Also, if the cable happens to come loose when the computer is in use, will that just ruin the data currently being written only or will it possibly ruin the whole drive as well? Thanks for the help.

Time to get out the hot glue gun maybe ????

Just kiddin,, can you not just secure the cable to the HD cage with a cable tie or similar.

I have gotten away once or twice with pulling the IDE lead out of a HD with no ill effects, just lucky or an act of god I cant decide, but generally it can cause HD failure or controller failure on the board.

Regards

Well, it was tied along with the power cables by twist ties to the case, but I just noticed it kind of pulled a bit, so I loosened it a little. But other then that its kind of just sitting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back