There is no law requiring you to pay Income Tax.

Ok then how come you can go to prison if you don't pay them then?
Sounds like a law to me.

Sounds like you aint watched the whole documentary. Its explained in the documentary. They are enforcing something that is not backed by law.

If you dont pay then chances are your going to get harrassed and hurt by the IRS. But the fact is that there is now law to back it up.

There have been a few successful stories of people being taken to court and winning. But remember you WILL get harrased by the IRS and courts in the process.

Only Harassed?? I don't think Willie Nelson would call it that! lol....

Wish this was true, I owe the ba$tards $4700.00 this year.

Having fought with the IRS twice (and won both times:) ), I can tell you that the IRS
has great powers to enforce payment of taxes, including the ability to foreclose
on your real property. You can verify for yourself via a google for
"Federal Tax Sale Real Property".

If you ever get into an audit which is not going well, be sure to contax a
Tax Attorney immediately -- saved my tush!

liyzst said:
does this apply in the UK or is the british government screwing peole legally??

I need to do some more research on the British system, I will let you know how that goes. But in Britain the tax system is simply oppressive also. VAT at 17.5% I mean what the heck!

Its such a small island and they tax so much its an outrage.

try that with the IRS.... see how far that goes....

maybe you will get a cool bunk muffin...

Aren't there laws, however, that say that the IRS has the power to enforce?

Just like the EPA, etc...

Or is that only in England, IBN?

Article 1 Section 2 of the USofA Constitution says, in part 'Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states which may be included within this union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons."

I'd take that as pretty compelling towards taxes, at least federally, being 'legal'.

:)

that "documentary" is quite lengthy, but certainly worth a watch. in the first half, it makes some very good points and is certainly an eye-opener. but the second half seems like nothing but government conspiracy, big-brother watching, paranoia to me.

I don't really have a problem with a future "national ID card". as for the RFID chip inside, it's just an extra security measure to validate who you are, it's not like it's a GPS tracking device :rolleyes:

IBN said:
There is no law requiring you to pay Income Tax ~ They are enforcing something that is not backed by law.
according to that documentary, the law does state that income tax must be paid. the "grey area" is in the definition of "income". only a judge can define what "income" means in respect to the federal income tax law(s), and no judge is under any obligation to follow any precedent set by an earlier ruling. if you or I were to wind up in court tomorrow for not paying our federal income tax, we'd better hope that we have a damn good tax attorney and an open-minded judge ;)

SNGX1275 said:
How about you not pay them and get back to us on how it goes.
lmao :haha:

:wave:

Back