Thermaltake shows off two new massive liquid coolers at Computex

Scorpus

Staff member

Earlier today I swung past Thermaltake’s Computex 2014 booth, and the standout products they had on show were two massive liquid coolers from their expanded range of liquid cooling solutions.

The first is a huge 360mm radiator for their new line of liquid cooling equipment, including pumps and reservoirs, which dwarfs the smaller radiators that can be seen in front of it in the picture above. Despite being so large, it can mount to either the front or top of some of Thermaltake’s latest cases.

The other liquid cooling product new to Computex is the Water 3.0 Ultimate, a triple-fan closed-loop cooling solution for CPUs that slots into their existing closed-loop line-up. Naturally this is the highest-end product in the line, and will provide the best cooling for your CPU.

A system decked out entirely with Thermaltake’s new liquid cooling gear can be seen below, clad with a ton of red LEDs.

Permalink to story.

Meh closed loop. Cool till the pump stuffs up than you have to throw the whole thing out. Useless if you wanna cool gpu, ram or motherboard though. The whole point of the larger 360mm rad & fan water coolers is to cool multiple things at once. So having this for just 1 cpu seems pointless. I cool a gtx 480 (one of the hottest gpus built) and a heavily overclocked i7 920 all on a single loop with just one 240mm rad with quad fans 2 front, 2 back in push pull configuration.

Well, I for one have been waiting for 360/420 AIO coolers, now that I have a case that can handle one (Corsair 750D). Soon one will come along that can be disassembled and added to without voiding the warranty, with a decent pump, and the line between custom loop and AIO cooler will pretty much be erased, as they'll perform similarly. If you use 2 separate AIOs (1 for the GPU, 1 for the CPU) system dis-assembly for cleaning or upgrades is much easier, no draining, refilling and burping required. These will be great for those who don't like a lot of down time (like me). I'm already using 2 of them now, using the NZXT G10 bracket on my 660 Ti.

Back