Not open for further replies.

Jones

Hey,

I just upgraded my computer:
ASUS A7N8X DELUXE REV 2.0
ATHLON BARTON 2500+
2X256 PC3200 DDR
THERMALTAKE VOLCANO 11

OK, I installed all the hardware, and I have been having troubles getting past the start up, but that's another post. Anyway, after trying various things, my computer started to freeze all of a sudden when ever I use the manual rpm dial that comes with the Volcano. If I turn my cpu fan up any more than approx. 2500rpm which is the speed that it just barely starts to register in the bios, the computer freezes. It worked fine before, just all of a sudden it decided to start doing that. I have a 350W power supply, and little power demand. I haven't been able to get past start up due to other reasons, so I have only tested it while in the bios. Anyone know why this would start happening after it worked fine before? I spent all this money for an upgrade and I haven't even been able to get past start up....urgh! Errors on start up and now the fan, GRRRR. Thanks, for any help!:rolleyes:

Jones

do you have the fan plugged into the motherboard for power, or are you using the molex adaptor and just running the yellow wire to the cpu fan connector? You might try the latter of the two, though I'm not sure if it will help.

Thanks for the help, but I figured it out, the wires on one of the connections had broken apart from the soldering, must have been touching or something, because once I resoldered it, everything worked fine. So much for new equipment. Shoulda went with the Vantec.

Jones

yeh - thermaltake are just stupidly noisy and not very effective - i prefer the new Zalman (7000a) - yeh its expensive and only fits some motherbaords but hell its silent and very very effective.

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back