These are the most liked / least liked tech CEOs

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg may be experiencing pushback in some regions as he tries to connect the rest of the world to the Internet but in the US, he's still garnering plenty of "likes."

In a recent Morning Consult poll, 48 percent of registered voters said they view the Facebook boss favorably. Roughly four in 10 respondents (39 percent) said they had a favorable opinion of Apple chief Tim Cook although those results may be skewed a bit in the wake of Apple's ongoing legal battle with the FBI over iPhone encryption.

The publication said most of the other respondents either didn't have an opinion of Cook or didn't know who he was. Apparently the latter scenario is rather common as 31 percent of people didn't know who Zuckerberg was while 59 percent had never heard of Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Ironically enough, Zuckerberg is also the least liked tech CEO as 21 percent of those polled said they had an unfavorable opinion of him. That's only slightly worse than Cook as 17 percent viewed him unfavorably. As far as ratios go, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick didn't do so hot as only 16 percent of those polled had a favorable opinion of him versus 19 percent that didn't (the other 65 percent either didn't have an opinion or didn't know who he was).

The poll was conducted on February 24-25 among 1,935 registered voters with a margin of error of plus or minus two percentage points.

Tim Cook image courtesy Richard Drew, Associated Press

Permalink to story.

CEOs of large corporation(no matter who) are sociopaths as far as all studies show. The more screwed up they are the more they seem to be able to appeal to a certain part of the populace.

Zuckerberg and his IBM father stole the technology for facebook from a college buddy... so yeah he's a thiewf and a putz! Stay tuned to the news you will be hearing about it soon...

CEOs of large corporation(no matter who) are sociopaths as far as all studies show. The more screwed up they are the more they seem to be able to appeal to a certain part of the populace.

Last I heard it was 50% as opposed to 30% in the general population. I would have thought the number would be higher too since it seems to run a successful company you have to knowingly and willingly screw a portion of your "customers". Steve Jobs? Yup. Tim Cook? Nope, don't think so considering his stance with the FBI and his organ donation offer. Mark Zuckerberg? Yup. Entire upper management of Sony? Yup.

Tim Cook? Nope, don't think so considering his stance with the FBI and his organ donation offer. .
Well IMHO, the best and brightest sociopaths are the ones most capable of appearing giving and caring. Cook offered Jobs a chunk of his liver. The liver is the only organ in our bodies will grow back. But yeah, having a piece of your liver removed would hurt like hell. So, that's really that only mitigating factor. Offering a kidney would be a different story altogether. At any rate, stories of compassion are good for business, as well as stories of holding out against our mean, old, ruthless, run by industrial lobbyists (*), totalitarian government, are likely, at least for the most part, good for business. The line between "a selfless act of compassion", and, "taking one for the team", seems a bit blurry to me in this instance.

I used to jokingly call myself, "a people sociopath". That sort of concept might explain Tim Cook's actions as well.

As I understand it, Steve Jobs vehemently refused Cook's offer. I too think Jobs was a sociopath, and as such, I doubt he could ever abide being that indebted to another person. ("I don't care if you kill me, just don't make me feel subservient").

Now M$' Nadella, there's a sociopath. We're starting to see it with this force feeding of Windows 10 campaign of "benevolent terror". I suspect it will get worse, before it gets better. (Assuming it ever does).

(*) I'm sure Apple has a few of them on the hill too. Er...: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/01/21/apple-spends-record-41m-to-lobby-us-government-in-2014

Last edited:
FB Likes? Sheez. Hard to get, but the lights are blinding when we get results of internal company polls from the employees that work for these guys. I recall one was glaringly negative; "This guy is a tyrant and micro manager".

FB Likes? Sheez. Hard to get, but the lights are blinding when we get results of internal company polls from the employees that work for these guys. I recall one was glaringly negative; "This guy is a tyrant and micro manager".
Not to mention the employee may have been fired for saying that....:eek:

If the evening news is any sort of accurate indicator, companies have started trolling FB looking for malcontents. So, giving these psychotics "likes", might be an attempt at brown-nosing a despot.

OTOH, what lapse of judgement or mental defect causes a still employed at the time person, to start violating their own privacy in such a blatant and easily accessible manner?

Most of the entertainment news show's scandals, coupled with our current divorce rate, tells me you probably shouldn't even talk to your husband or wife about work!

Last edited:
Zuckerberg certainly projects that way. I cannot for the life of me believe he is so trusted. Who exactly did they survey???

Zuckerberg certainly projects that way. I cannot for the life of me believe he is so trusted. Who exactly did they survey???
In Zuckerberg's case, I honestly think the stupid look on his face is disarming. He doesn't register as a threat, since he doesn't look like he's bright enough to get over on anybody. Basically, his personna is that of a a generic 20 or 30 something douche.

Although, I suppose they could have surveyed kindergarten children who had just received their first tablet.

I would of suspected Zuckerberg to come in lower than that, honestly don't know anyone who actually likes him, and Elon Musk, although not the best person to idealize, should earn a much higher spot for what he's trying to do with electric cars regardless of how small the impact. This just shows the type of people surveyed aren't the most techcentric, but that's a given considering how many people surveyed didn't know who these people are to begin with.

I would of suspected Zuckerberg to come in lower than that, honestly don't know anyone who actually likes him, and Elon Musk, although not the best person to idealize, should earn a much higher spot for what he's trying to do with electric cars regardless of how small the impact. This just shows the type of people surveyed aren't the most techcentric, but that's a given considering how many people surveyed didn't know who these people are to begin with.
While I enjoy the s model, I am intrigued by the steady progress of space x.

Schmuckerburg is horrible. Anti free speech allowing a bunch of social justice warriors to patrol comments for "bad" words that they don't even define but leave to "community standards". Any corporation chartered by the government should be required to follow the same rules as government in order to keep it's charter. Then he's assisting people like Angela (Quisling) Merkel with the influx of "refugees" (Al-Hijra: Stealth Jihad through Immigration) into Europe and attempting to silence the people of Germany who disagree. A horrible man. May karma visit him and his family for failing to live up to the ideals that gave him his opportunities.

While I enjoy the s model, I am intrigued by the steady progress of space x.
Not to mention Musk's contributions to Paypal and Space X.

Back