These Netflix socks will pause your show once you doze off

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Falling asleep while watching Netflix can be a real drag (I know, first world problems, right?). Waking up in the middle of an unwatched episode of your favorite series has the potential to spoil the entire season (ask me how I know).

Fortunately, Netflix has just the solution to help you avoid a similar fate - a pair of socks that'll hit the pause button when you doze off (I'm not kidding).

The Netflix socks aren't an actual product you can go buy but rather, a tutorial on how to build your own. You'll need some basic knitting skills and perhaps some experience working with electrical components; Netflix even supplies pattern suggestions based on some of its hit shows including Bloodline, BoJack Horseman and House of Cards, just to name a few.

Is it silly? Absolutely. But what else do you have to do with that Arduino board?

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

You gotta wonder how peoples minds work, these first world problems / solutions. How to pause a show.... socks... that's a pretty big jump in logic.

And as much as it may seem genius, why can't these people solve some third world problems ? Solving third world = no third world = no place of poverty and death and that can't happen ?

They must need some socks over there that stop their goats from wandering off.

Kitchen roll no wait Socks, that don't absorb all spills, but allows you to not waste the water but rather sweep it back into the glass ?

Wii-U dance mats with pre programmed Rain Dances for those heavy drought areas? Socks that filter dirty water into drinking ?

Edible socks that don't just smell cheesy after wearing them for a week, but taste like cheese, and can be served with various pickles and sauces.

Sock puppets that can make decisions. Sock puppet for presidente

You gotta wonder how peoples minds work, these first world problems / solutions. How to pause a show.... socks... that's a pretty big jump in logic.

And as much as it may seem genius, why can't these people solve some third world problems ? Solving third world = no third world = no place of poverty and death and that can't happen ?

Kitchen roll no wait Socks, that don't absorb all spills, but allows you to not waste the water but rather sweep it back into the glass ?

Wii-U dance mats with pre programmed Rain Dances for those heavy drought areas? Socks that filter dirty water into drinking ?

Edible socks that don't just smell cheesy after wearing them for a week, but taste like cheese, and can be served with various pickles and sauces.

Yeah, I was going to do something similar with underwear so that a little "bleep" could turn the lights off or on, but at my age now I'm afraid my house would look like one of those strobe things, so I dropped the idea ..... sigh......

The sad thing is some people will think it's the greatest thing since Smarties and buy into it. There should be laws against these sort of hair brained schemes.

One cannot solve third world problems with money or products. Furthermore, one cannot act upon the third world without money. Since you can't get money selling products to third worlders to fix third world needs, you must sell first world products to first worlders to solve first world problems.

TL;DR: You can't put the cart before the horse.

This is a great breakthrough! Instead of having to pick up that big, heavy remote control and "rewind", or perish the thought, use the unlimited streaming to watch it over. What we really need is sentient underwear for men. After all, we're always being accused of thinking with our whatchamacallits, why not automate that process as well.

And as much as it may seem genius, why can't these people solve some third world problems ? Solving third world = no third world = no place of poverty and death and that can't happen ?.....[ ].....
Solving the riddle of death sounds like the best idea ever. After all, there's only 6 billion of us now. "The more the merrier", that's what I always say. So let's cut every breeding age couple in the third world a check so they can, "be fruitful & multiply".

And "no third world", that's crazy talk, who the heck is going to knit our Netflix socks?

Last edited:
Yeah, I was going to do something similar with underwear so that a little "bleep" could turn the lights off or on, but at my age now I'm afraid my house would look like one of those strobe things, so I dropped the idea ..... sigh......

LOLOLOL you had me laughing my sides off..you old fart :eek:ops

Waking up in the middle of an unwatched episode of your favorite series has the potential to spoil the entire season (ask me how I know).

How do you know?

This is a great breakthrough! Instead of having to pick up that big, heavy remote control and "rewind", or perish the thought, use the unlimited streaming to watch it over. What we really need is sentient underwear for men. After all, we're always being accused of thinking with our whatchamacallits, why not automate that process as well.

And as much as it may seem genius, why can't these people solve some third world problems ? Solving third world = no third world = no place of poverty and death and that can't happen ?.....[ ].....
Solving the riddle of death sounds like the best idea ever. After all, there's only 6 billion of us now. "The more the merrier", that's what I always say. So let's cut every breeding age couple in the third world a check so they can, "be fruitful & multiply".

And "no third world", that's crazy talk, who the heck is going to knit our Netflix socks?

Hehehe...
Big hairy deal. between my nude demeanor and some leather furniture, I can control my lights and electronics with my clapper.

so that a little "bleep" could turn the lights off or on

You shouldn't be telling everyone you have a little bleep. Keep it a secret. Then when the woman finds out ya bleep is little, you stuff a netflix sock in her mouth to stop her from laughing. :)

You shouldn't be telling everyone you have a little bleep. Keep it a secret. Then when the woman finds out ya bleep is little, you stuff a netflix sock in her mouth to stop her from laughing. :)

Shoot ... at my age, if the women even notice I'll sound off with a lot more than a little bleep! LOL

Back