These Zus Kevlar cables are a durable and reliable charging solution

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

Many charging cables are flimsy and prone to breaking. The Zus Kevlar Cable bucks that trend: it's reinforced with the same material used in bulletproof vests, meaning it's guaranteed to be durable and reliable.

Available in Lightning, MicroUSB, and USB-C variants, the Zus Kevlar Cable is on sale starting at $16.99. These cables last over twice as long as the rest of the competition. They can bend over 15,000 times without any wear and tear, and they’re backed by a lifetime warranty.

The Zus Cable by Nonda is also engineered to resist tangles thanks to their nylon braiding. Plus, they feature a 90 degree plug, making them easy to plug into tight spaces. Designed for durability and convenience, these cables are a great charging solution for your Android and iOS devices. For a limited time, the Zus Kevlar Cables are on sale starting at $16.99, courtesy of the TechSpot Store.

Permalink to story.

Well the weak spot of cables has always been the male connector. Bend the male connector and you brake the cable. USB is strong as is, but USBc and MicroUSB connectors brake really easily and no amount of Kevlar will change that.

Well the weak spot of cables has always been the male connector. Bend the male connector and you brake the cable. USB is strong as is, but USBc and MicroUSB connectors brake really easily and no amount of Kevlar will change that.
Yeah, especially thin connector moldings are almost always the first point of failure before the cable itself... but at least one end of these cables has a 90 degree plug. Both would be nice...

Step right up, folks! Welcome to the Audioquest of USB cables! Zus!

I wonder how long it will take for their prices and claims to match those of Audioquest??

Does the warranty cover the connectors as well as the wire? Out of the dozens upon dozens of cables I have owned (maybe even hundreds) the wire itself failing maybe accounts for 2% of my broken wires. The connect is the weak point and always has been, if they had attempted to reinforce those with metal maybe I'd buy one, but even then you risk doing damage to the device on the end of the cable itself... So sacrificial $5 wire? Or the not so easy to change female plug on my several hundred dollar phone/motherboard... Seems like a pretty obvious choice to me. But hey, at least the wire in these cables will out last every piece of hardware you'll ever own.

Seriously, how do people manage this? I've had my 5S for >2.5 years.

The cable is fine, the phone is fine. The worst trouble I had was cleaning out the Thunderbolt socket with a Q-tip and some alcohol because of dirt. How do people manage to **** up the cables so badly they need titanium-kevlar reinforced cables?

The cable is fine, the phone is fine. The worst trouble I had was cleaning out the Thunderbolt socket with a Q-tip and some alcohol because of dirt. How do people manage to **** up the cables so badly they need titanium-kevlar reinforced cables?
They most likely do not. However, Zus marketing is going to attempt to convince everyone that f'n them up happens to everyone just like Audioquest tries to make people think that because some of their speaker cables cost $1,000/ft, they sound better than coat hangers. :)

I accidently pull in my cable at the wrong angle when I hit snooze on my phone in the morning. The cable in my car gets pulled on a lot because it will fall between the seats when I'm driving and the easiest way to get it is to pull on the cable. I go through about 3 cables a year.

lol I'm actually with you there man. People pay big bucks for this stuff, to what?.... just not take care of it? Eh, but I guess everyone uses things differently. I just think it's carelessness, though.

I accidently pull in my cable at the wrong angle when I hit snooze on my phone in the morning. The cable in my car gets pulled on a lot because it will fall between the seats when I'm driving and the easiest way to get it is to pull on the cable. I go through about 3 cables a year.

You know you shouldnt use your phone while driving. lol :p

I use it as a GPS. So while, yeah, I shouldn't be using my phone while driving, I'm not using my phone as a phone while I'm driving.

I'm totally guilty of that too. Still a distraction. :/ no wrecks due to the phone... yet.

Dash mounts are cheaper than these cables.
I have like 30 mUSB cables so it will be awhile before I go through all of them. I'll probably also squire more along the way. I also can use my phone without looking, I don't think I could do that with a dash mount.

Back