Thief patch that adds Mantle and TrueAudio support coming March 18th

By Scorpus
Mar 15, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. AMD has revealed that a patch will be available on March 18 for Eidos Montreal's Thief, adding support for both TrueAudio and Mantle. We can't reveal what exact performance gains you'll get from running Thief in Mantle API mode just...

Read more
  2. kamisama

kamisama TS Rookie

After getting my R9 290X last week I've been playing BF4 in directx. Yesterday I downloaded AMD's beta drivers and gave mantle a try. I didn't think it would be possible, but things even got smoother. And that's not on the type of low end hardware amd demoed the technology on. This was on a 4930k clocked at 4.5ghz and 64gb of ram. That mantle stuff ... it works ... and pretty damn good as well.
    misor likes this.
  3. Maximum Payne

Maximum Payne TS Rookie

I am really curious how true audio will perform.
  4. domyz

domyz TS Rookie Posts: 16   +7

Unfortunately, this game is so boring it's a steal. They should put some efforts elsewhere. Hopefully Nvidia's upcoming "mantle" won't start on a game this lame.
  5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

It didn't start with thief, it started with BF4.

My performance gains in eyefinity on BF4 have been pretty noticeable. Though I lock everything at 60fps as is, the fps does not se to change running like this now.
  6. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

lol, in my conspiracy-bound mind: intel and NVidia will collaborate on something that will make computers based on intel processors and NVidia graphics cards more smooth when playing games than computers based on amd mantle tech.

also, what is the performance of AMD's true audio tech compared to dolby axon?
  7. penn919

penn919 TS Booster Posts: 176   +18

They won't have to. Microsoft has already revealed they will make DirectX 12 low level just like mantle. You'll probably need to upgrade to Windows 9 and upgrade your GPU to a future GPU though.
    misor likes this.
  8. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

thanks for the feedback regarding mantle technology on a high-end computer system.
    64gb ram = wow.