thinking of switching video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of switching video cards but I don't know if it is compatible. The card is a GeForce FX 5200 PCI and here are my computer specs

17-inch CRT flat screen monitor
AMD Sempron 3000+ processor (operates at 2.0GHz) 512KB L2 Cache and 333MHz FSB
512MB DDR (1 x 512MB) SDRAM (PC2700) Expandable to 2GB
120 GB hard drive
nVidia GeForce4 MX Graphics 64MB DDR Shared Memory
10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN (integrated) network
Pair of desktop speakers
eMachines BigFix feature identifies and resolves problems that affect the system before they occur
Protect your new computer from the unknown with pre-installed Norton Internet Security 20052 (Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Firewall and Parental Control), McAfee Anti-Spyware3, and eMachines
Easily create photo slide shows and burn CDs or DVDs with the preinstalled Nero 6 software
Windows XP Home edition operating system pre-installed
With the Double Layer 16x DVD +/- RW, store up to 8.5 GB of your favorite video, music, photos or data
8-in-1 Digital Media Manager for: Secure Digital (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, MemoryStick, Memory Stick Pro, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card
USB 2.0
10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN (integrated) Network; 56K ITU V.90 ready Fax/Modem Modem
Write max: 16x DVD +/-R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 4x DVD+R Double Layer, 8x DVD+RW, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW
Reads max: 16x DVD-ROM disks
40x CD-ROM disks
nForce 6-Channel Audio Audio
nVidia GeForce4 MX graphics; 64 MB DDR Shared Memory
512 MB DDR SDRAM (PC2700); expandable to 2 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Preloaded with: Microsoft Works 8 software; Microsoft Money 2005; Microsoft Encarta Online; AdobeAcrobat Reader;Microsoft Media Player 10; RealNetworks RealPlayer; CyberLink PowerDVD; Nero 6 Suite
Dimensions: 16.5"W x 16"H x 17.25"D
Weight: 39 lbs

Please I would like to know as soon as possible if I can use that card on my computer please and thank you.

did I post this in the wrong section or something? If I did i'm sorry but I don't know where to post it it's about a video card.

Hello, you're in the right section, afaik, anyway.

I think the card(5200 pci) should be compatible, but it won't improve your graphics much, both your current and the 5200 are pretty pathetic. What's your budget? Do you have agp if so, then I think there are some 6200 agp cards that are $75, and 6600 cards for ~$100 ish. Prices in usd, btw.

A better pci card(if you don't have agp) would be a bfg 5500Oc card(256mb pci), it seems most walmarts have the card, mine has it for $130 usd.

Do you know the model number of your emachine, then I could find more info out about it?

I don't have a very big budget i'm just tryin to get rid of the onboard graphics card just so I can play a few games but my model number is w3052. If that card isn't good enough i'll look at that 256mb card thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back