THINKPAD R50 WIndows Freeze, Battery Related?, Troubleshooted, details inside. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay heres the problem with my R50 and what I have troubleshooted it down to.

If you boot and load windows using the battery alone, it freezes at the beginning of windows. When I say freeze, I mean the PC halts and the images on the desktop remain visible on the screen. No BSOD's. However, if you boot it and load windows with the charger plugged in windows does NOT freeze. you can then unplug the charger and use the laptop on battery power without it freezing. the unit has an extended-life battery pack made by IBM.

However, the thinkpad WILL boot into windows safe mode when running on the battery alone, without freezing.

this is the troubleshooting I have done so far. Among MANY other things, including bios update, new full installation of windows, etc. I cannot decide if this is a battery hardware issue, or windows driver issue....

I would greatly appreciate any help.

regards

i would check the power management options. there's a bunch of options on power management, such as shutdown when battery is x% low or things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back