ThinkPad Tablet 2 Review: Windows 8 Pro in True Tablet Form

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/687-thinkpad-tablet-2/]https://www.techspot.com/review/687-thinkpad-tablet-2/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

If I know, you can change the graph on the windows 8 task manager to Logical Processor by right clicking on the graph. BTW I'm using windows 8,1 now. Don't know if it is the same with Win8.

Really runs at 600MHz on battery you could override this to push to high power and then 1.5GHz on DC and AC the 1.8GHz only steps in when it needs the extra kick. On my dual core 1.5GHz Atom is true 64-bit this one 32-bit. Even after tweaking the Atom and system you can get a little more kick. i5 Windows 64-bit with 128GB runs faster but still has it's limit. Right now either one is expensive to purchase.

Mine runs 1.5GHz at 1.4xxxGHz with 2GB of RAM, 320GB SATA, 9.7 IPS 4:3 ratio, I use Toshiba Thrive CTS pen on my tablet works very well. I can run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit or Windows 8 Pro. I don't have 8.1 nor would I install the preview version. Since everything here is Windows 7 except one netbook then I opt out of Windows 8 and use the Windows 7 instead.

But of want a Windows tablet this is the way to go for now but the cost is still high for a lot us.

What is that red thing in the middle? I've been seeing it over a bunch of years but I never knew what it did lol

That is a joystick than works as a mouse. It was the rule for Thinkpads like ten years ago.

Any idea if that keyboard will pair with other tablets (Android or Windows)? I have been lusting for a BT keyboard with a trackpoint for years now, and had no idea such were available. I HATE touch pads (and touch screens are barely tolerable - always fat-fingering and smudging). Yes, I am a Thinkpad veteran ;-}

I couldn't agree more. Love the thinkpad's trackpoint HATE touchpads. First thing I do on a new thinkpad is disable it. Thinkpad user since 1999.... nothing comes close in design and let's face it: the innards (hdd, cpu, ram etc.) are all from the usual suspects anyway....

Any idea if that keyboard will pair with other tablets (Android or Windows)? I have been lusting for a BT keyboard with a trackpoint for years now, and had no idea such were available. I HATE touch pads (and touch screens are barely tolerable - always fat-fingering and smudging). Yes, I am a Thinkpad veteran ;-}

Replying to myself now that I have one of these keyboards (using it now): It is awesome. Using the Trackpoint is about as natural for me as it gets. And NOT having to worry about tapping the little thing down is great - avoids aggravating my carpal tunnel (also helped by not having to reach for a mouse or the screen of a tablet). Amazing functionality in such a compact space; it even has PgUp, PgDn, Home and End keys, PLUS a right Ctrl key for my Solaris/Linux command line, vi editor use (actually, that helps with MS Word quite a bit, too, with its many control key shortcuts) - too cool!

I am using it now with my Win7 work PC, and it worked well with my Acer W3 Win 8.1 tablet. My Moto Razr HD was willing to connect with it, but I did not want to at that time.

I was watching eBay for a deal, but most had been $90 and more. Then this unit showed up for $40+6/S&H. It was discounted since part of the stand was broken but, not having a Lenovo tablet, I did not care - great deal on a gem of a keyboard!

Back