Third Lie Itch Ford problems

By DashRaptor
Sep 16, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, I need some help. Lately, I've been getting random IE popups with ads for different places. I've run my virus and adware stuff a half dozen times, and I just finished doing the HijackThis stuff. I had the problem with multiple IE windows running without me opening 'em, and ending the process didn't close them. One time, I accessed the security bits on IE and set it to high security. I found the Third Lie Itch Ford folder, and deleted it in Safe Mode. Now, though, whenever I start up my computer, I get the two errors associated with IE, needing to activate Javascript and ActiveX. The IE windows aren't opening, fortunately, but is there a way to get rid of those errors without bringing the popups back? I'm attaching my latest HijackThis log.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,746   +156

Go to the 8-Step Virus & Malware Removal thread and follow the instructions. Take your time and post the missing logs
  3. DashRaptor

DashRaptor Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Actually, right after posting here, I tried doing a System Restore to about two weeks ago. Cleared it right up :) Thanks for helping, though.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,746   +156

Good, now download and install Advanced SystemCare free. Run it often
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.