This 143-megapixel camera was created from an Epson scanner

By Shawn Knight
Dec 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As a photography enthusiast, I've seen cameras of all different sorts over the years but this one from computer aided designer and photographer Dario Morelli may be the most unique yet.

Read more
  2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,527   +688

I have been a large format photographer most of my life so I'm used to seeing fine detail in my own images, but this is one of the more unique applications I have seen and the quality looks as good as any 8x10 view negative/positive I have seen. I would love to see him adapt it for use on the back of a view camera; that would be nothing less than astounding!
    Arris likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,347   +1,943

Maybe this is the kind of setup we'll see bolted on phablets soon, heavens knows there's enough area on the back of them for this contraption to comfortably fit and if they make phablets a wee bit bigger you could probably use this setup for a selfie camera as well.
    tomkaten likes this.
  4. JakeT

JakeT TS Member Posts: 74   +20

Would have been nice to see a full resolution image.
  5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,618   +494

Lol your funny, maybe as a link, but embedding a 1.2GB image might a tad tricky.
  6. nestorius

nestorius TS Member Posts: 26

My question is WHY! There are many very good cameras with high resolution that would do the same job! Maybe he just needs a super slow super hi res to get a great selfie.

I did see a camera that was fabricated from military surplus equipment that would give this contraption a real run for the money. It could identify the date on a dime at 1.2 miles..... If someone would care.
  7. Bao Nguyen

Bao Nguyen TS Enthusiast Posts: 27   +21

Such butt-hurt comment, perhaps the answer to your question is because he can. He's an enthusiast to begin with, and he did what most people couldn't. A better question would be HOW, not WHY!
  8. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

Interesting contraption. I think I'll check out his flickr page and see if there are any full size files to be pixel peeped at. Although megapixels aren't the be all and end all of quality output.
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395