This 360-degree 'Warcraft' movie teaser sends you soaring over Stormwind on the back of a Gryphon

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Warcraft the movie is still more than a year away from its theatrical debut. That may seem like an eternity but fortunately, it appears as though the film’s creators are planning to feed fans a steady diet of teasers to hold them over until next June.

The latest teaser comes from Legendary Pictures in the form of a 360-degree interactive flyover of Stormwind from the perspective of the mythic Gryphon. The clip is best viewed in virtual reality although a standard web browser will also get the job done if that’s all you have access to.

Industrial Light and Magic, the same company that created the movie’s lead Orc, is responsible for crafting the highly detailed scene. It’s clear that Blizzard and company are sparing no expense in terms of visuals. Let’s just hope the storyline and acting can keep pace.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Something you guys should know about 360 degree videos - it takes so much more resolution to get a good picture that it's very difficult to have one look like a normal 1080 vid. You still have to render all the areas not currently being viewed. Even 4K 360 degree video looks low res.

Very kewl! To those that are confused, click in the upper left corner to look around! It's 360 degree which means you can look around while it plays. Very nice (and yes, it works on Firefox).

I hope this will not go in the direction of the Dragons of Autumn Twilight animated movie.

They don't even need to use that button. Just use the mouse to click and drag around. It feels a bit more intuitive than the button for some reason. Haha but very neat.

I hope this will not go in the direction of the Dragons of Autumn Twilight animated movie.

the what of what? See, no one has even heard of that, making it rather irrelevant. Warcraft is ever so large than any other game to movie franchise ever released. With the talent on the set and half decent actors, I am sure the movie will be at least 7.5/10 IMDB scale.

the what of what? See, no one has even heard of that, making it rather irrelevant. Warcraft is ever so large than any other game to movie franchise ever released. With the talent on the set and half decent actors, I am sure the movie will be at least 7.5/10 IMDB scale.
if you followed Kiefer Sutherland then you knew he voiced the character 'Raistlin Majere' in the animated movie based on Dragonlance novel series by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman. The movie was a disaster.
while I am usually immune to to Jack Bauer's enhanced interrogation techniques, I still feel the pain of being tortured while watching a clip of the movie via youtube.

if you followed Kiefer Sutherland then you knew he voiced the character 'Raistlin Majere' in the animated movie based on Dragonlance novel series by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman. The movie was a disaster.
while I am usually immune to to Jack Bauer's enhanced interrogation techniques, I still feel the pain of being tortured while watching a clip of the movie via youtube.

and still a movie that's in an extreme niche unlike Warcraft which is globally known by those who don't even follow it. This movie is at a much larger scale with more most likely more finances and talent thrown at it.

it's because its intended for VR, if you have missed that part.

"The clip is best viewed in virtual reality although a standard web browser will also get the job done if that’s all you have access to."

"although a standard web browser will also get the job done" Is evidently not the case then.

And no I did not miss that part about the VR.

I used Google Cardboard to view this. It looks pretty cool. I'd say it feels more like it's inspired by Stormwind, than it's actually Storwind from Azeroth. It looks larger than the actual city as it were in game.

"The clip is best viewed in virtual reality although a standard web browser will also get the job done if that’s all you have access to."

"although a standard web browser will also get the job done" Is evidently not the case then.

And no I did not miss that part about the VR.

getting a job done vs full high quality ideally viewed in desktop environment

It's exactly what it says on the tin. Now stop complaining.

getting a job done vs full high quality ideally viewed in desktop environment

It's exactly what it says on the tin. Now stop complaining.

And your complaining about me complaining? So likewise, stop complaining.

Back