This Bay Trail-powered PC is no bigger than a USB flash drive

By Shawn Knight
Oct 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Intel's Atom SoC has enabled a new breed of tiny computers although one Chinese vendor has taken it to the extreme. Shenzhen Apec Electronics is now offering an Atom-powered PC that's roughly the size of a Chromecast dongle.

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Can you install a R9 295x2 in it if feel like a bit of light gaming? XD
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

No wonder our operating system is degrading! Devices like this is pulling the quality needed down.
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +463

As an idea this is great, it lacks in the punch though, you didnt put the memory specs but I assume it comes with a gig?

I could find a couple of uses to one of these although the heat factor also makes me wonder.
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,457   +1,759

I'm having a difficult time channeling my technical self on this one. What exactly is this good for?

I suppose this is a knee jerk reaction, but it sounds like they made at least 500 too many of them.
  6. andrewyoung

andrewyoung TS Enthusiast Posts: 41   +9

that is what I was thinking too.
  7. Pocket-sized computer that can plug into any hdmi-ready tv? sounds like it would be useful for traveling, if for no other reason than watching streaming media. it would get past hulu's paywall on mobile devices. there's probably some way to pair a tablet or phone through bluetooth to use as an input device.
  8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,457   +1,759

This is starting to be reminiscent of needing an iPhone with you, to make your iWatch work.
  9. Overheten

Overheten TS Rookie

I was thinking the same thing. But you know- you can always get a board fabricated with the correct buses.

I am now wondering how much longer until we get USB 6 or higher that will allow us to just plug extra CPUS into a box- boom! Faster computer.

Don't laugh.. Someone will make one.
  10. Radient

Radient TS Rookie Posts: 43

This is cool a x86 usb computer unless their talking about rt than complete fail.