This Coca-Cola bottle snaps a selfie as you sip

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The Coca-Cola Company’s “Share a Coke” campaign from a couple of years back was a brilliant bit of marketing.

For those not familiar, Coca-Cola replaced its iconic logo on soda bottles and cans with a smattering of America’s most popular names, spurring consumers to not only buy sodas featuring their own names but share their finds with friends and family as well.

With that win under its belt, the Atlanta-based beverage corporation’s next big idea may very well involve technology.

An ad agency from Israel recently created the Coca-Cola Selfie Bottle – quite literally, a soda bottle that snaps a selfie each time a person takes a sip. The plastic accessory attaches to the bottom of the coke bottle and whenever it is tilted more than 70 degrees, it captures a photo and automatically uploads it to the social media accounts of the user as well as the brand.

The selfie campaign was created for the Coca-Cola Summer Love outdoor event and was apparently a hit. Whether or not the Gefen Team ad agency or Coca-Cola has plans to expand the promotion to other events or regions is unknown at this time.

On the surface, it seems like a silly idea. Then again, I also thought selfie sticks were a dumb idea so maybe I’m just out of touch with the latest trends. Regardless, social media is playing an increasingly important role in marketing strategies for major companies so who knows, maybe something like this is just crazy enough to work.

Permalink to story.

Nothing says.. stupid like a bottle attachment to take pictures of ones self drinking soda.Yep, that's what I'm looking for.. I want to see people who cant take enough pictures of themselves taking more pictures of themselves drinking stuff.

The world still keeps finding new lows to stoop to.

You'd have to be the forerunner of all douchebags that ever existed in the history of this dimension to buy one of these.
Big guy, get your vernacular in order. I believe the preferred, popular wording would be, "the mother of all douche bags".

If you get hung up in all that, "forerunner", or, "progenitor" nonsense, you've been watching too much "Andromeda". Believe me, season 5 of that s***, could suck all the life out of a small continent.

Next up is selfie silverware and toilet paper!
I hear ya Cliff. But, one that just snapped on the end of your finger would be perfect for naturalists, or just a poor soul out of toilet paper.

...[ ]....The world still keeps finding new lows to stoop to, when what it really needs is less ideology, and better knee pads...
FIXED! You're welcome

Check it out kidz, I think I"m onto something:
MTE4MDAzNDEwMzg3MzcxNTM0.jpg

iphone7.jpg

zoom_PeliSpec_Vaginal_Speculum_with_Lock.jpg

Last edited:
You want me to buy your bottle of cocaine sugar laced poison to take a selfie? This selfie crap is totally insane and so are the people who are marketing it in this way. This world needs a reboot.

[
You want me to buy your bottle of cocaine sugar laced poison to take a selfie?
Spare us your self involved syntactic excess. Really. I like to hear myself talk as much, to way more than the next guy, but that's way over the top, even by my minimal standards.

BTW, when are you from anyway? There hasn't been cocaine in Coke-a-Cola, since 1903.

This selfie crap is totally insane and so are the people who are marketing it in this way.
I wish I could argue this point, but you're right. The whole staring in the mirror thing started when apes became self aware. We should just be thankful that chimpanzees can't build cameras or mirrors.....,er, yet.

This world needs a reboot.
No doubt, "in your own image". <(Do you see what I did there)?

"automatically uploads to social media"
Oh I hope they look at the photos, BEFORE they are "automatically" uploaded.
That would get out of hand, x-rated in a hurry ;)

Coca-Cola is the only U.S. corporation that has been granted the right to legally import coca leaves into the United States, via a coca processing lab known as the Stepan Company). In 1922, the Jones-Miller Act banned cocaine imports into the United States, but Coca-Cola (and its lab) was granted an exception.l
Please take a moment to read the 2nd paragraph of your link:

"Coca-Cola, the world's best-selling soft drink, once contained cocaine, and it is still flavored with a non-narcotic extract from the coca, the plant from which cocaine is derived".

As it compares with this:

You want me to buy your bottle of cocaine sugar laced poison to take a selfie?
There is too much sugar in Coke, on that we agree.

And arguably even if you intended, "cocaine sugar" as a single entity, a 12 ounce can simply says, "sugars 39 grams", not specifying their origin.

Last edited:
Back