TechSpot

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action

By PhilipMoore62
Apr 28, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. The error written is my problem. I've used the MS fixit program FAF asking it to fix association to a .jpg which did not correct the issue. I have my HD set up with partitions to include a one drive,
    Can you help?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

What are the complete secs of this computer?

3. PhilipMoore62

PhilipMoore62 TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 303

4. Tmagic650

What file has no program associated with it?

5. PhilipMoore62

Prior to MS retiring Picasa all of my pictures (.jpg) were found either on the HD or in picasa online. All of the pictures that are associated with "Microsoft Photos" will open. When I attempt to open pictures found in "Pictures" folder return the error message I'm asking about.

6. Tmagic650

Picasa is not "Retired" I use it on my Windows 10 Pro PC. Download version 3.9 and make Picasa the default picture viewer by going to Settings, System, Default apps. If you have a Google log-in the pictures should appear or load into Picasa again

7. PhilipMoore62

Just to keep you updated... upload_2016-4-29_10-6-28.png
    I installed Picasa 3.9 which has resolved most picture (jpg) issues but not all. Thanks for your help!

8. Tmagic650

Okay, haven't seen that, but I'll try Google Photos soon, MS Photos works along with Picasa so far