This guy beats Punch-Out!! blindfolded, doesn't lose a single round

Shawn Knight

Staff member

I grew up in the ‘80s so it goes without saying that I’m pretty well-versed at NES games. That said, I wasn’t always the best around as some titles like Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out simply proved too difficult to master. That’s why when I see a video like this, I’m in awe.

YouTube user Jack Wedge recently posted a video of himself playing – and beating – Punch-Out while blindfolded. Ok, so maybe he wasn’t actually blindfolded in the traditional sense but he did pull his beanie over his eyes and played facing away from the television.

It’s worth pointing out that the feat was completed on a Nintendo Wii; he promises to do it again soon once he gets his NES and cartridge back. Either way, very impressive!

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Tyson punchout was one of my favorite games , others I like was contra , double dragon , ninja gaiden , mario 2 , I remember once u get to the last man on punch-out which was tyson , your done

Ok, so maybe he wasn’t actually blindfolded in the traditional sense but he did pull his beanie over his eyes and played facing away from the television.
I just hope there wasn't a mirror on the floor angled up at the TV. :)
I read years ago that some guy beat Ninja Gaiden without looking at the screen. As a kid who played that game (and stunk at it), that was more amazing to me than when I learned man had been to the moon.

He's Canadian, so he's wearing a touque, tuque, or toque, not a beanie. Pretty impressive though, hope he can master more games by listening for sound ques.

During most of the video his hands are off screen. Easy enough to fake. Just a recording. haha

Just saying..

Back