This is a scam, right?

A

ajac63

Received this text msg on my mobile earlier.

Great News! Your Mobile No Won£485000GBP Samsung UK/Malaysia Promo To Validate&Claim Prize EMAIL Your Unique ID:CS829A;Name;Addr&Tel to: claims@glm.lol

Okay, I'm fairly certain it's a scam, but you never know - and I could do with the funds ;)

YEP!
Name: glm.lol
IP: 217.70.184.38
Don't know which Top Level Domain this server belongs to!

whereas

Checking IP: 217.70.184.38...
Name: webredir.vip.gandi.net
Domain: gandi.net

Paris​

YEP!
Name: glm.lol
Don't know which Top Level Domain this server belongs to!

whereas

Checking IP: 217.70.184.38...
Name: webredir.vip.gandi.net
Domain: gandi.net

Paris​

Seems .lol stands for laugh-out-loud and it's registered through Uniregistry Corp

Sound to good to be true? It is. Many people still fall for Nigerian 419 scams in emails.
I've been offered millions and millions of dollars but just not stupid enough to respond.
Don't be a sucker. :cool:

I think people are getting more aware of the Nigerian scam emails these days. The ones I find most damaging are the fake PayPal emails starting "Dear Customer" (PayPal use your name - any email from them starting Dear Customer should be deleted!) and the bazillion "Invoice" emails with infected attachments I see through various email systems.

I wish I could identify what it is that compels people to open an email attachment from an email stating "Invoice" from a company they've never done business with before... It's like ooooh... Been sent an invoice from some random email address... oooooh I must open it... Really?? :D

Back