This is one for you, Phantasm66

Status
Not open for further replies.

agissi

Today on MSNBC.com's website - Orren Hatch, a U.S. Senator .. bluntly says he wants to be able to remotely 'destroy' a users computer who violates U.S. copyright laws......

Check it out:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/944690.asp?0cl=cR
--

Here are his words:
Then he ran an idea by one of the panelists: what if you had a system that could detect whether people were getting songs without paying for them and could warn those infringers that what they were doing was wrong? And then, if they didn’t stop, the system would remotely “destroy” their computers.

“No one’s interested in destroying people’s computers,” said the panelist.
“Well, I’m interested in doing that,” said the senator. “Warn them, do it again, and then destroy their machine! There’s no excuse for anyone violating our copyright laws.”

Sure, yeah. Maybe the next time someone runs away from a police officer, we should capture them and break both of their legs!?!?!?

Oh man, history is not going to judge certain parties well in this whole sorry P2P/RIAA saga.

puke: Not the best day to be from Utah (Hatch = UT Senator)

Maybe I should run to New Mexico ????
:blackeye: -no offense intended to TS friends of DEM persuasion.

Chris

Its bad stuff huh...I cant believe they punish PC users worse then they do crimials, or drunk drivers, who can and do take lives! We're not harming a damn thing, and they treat us like we're criminals....its WRONG! hate those #%$! people, they have they're heads up their A$$'s. they're ƒ#!King STUPID........................mother#^$@*#&#&$*@#*$&#@erz.

its not fair, why do we have these people in control?! gosh.................disturbing.......................................................

You may not believe this possible, but in fact the lack of faith you will feel in the world at 15 will only grow ten fold in your 20's.

However, something that's also a lesson I have learned is that people make threats like this when they are scared. They have their backs against the wall, and they don't know what to do. They are really frightened that their time is over.

Intresting words there phant :) Tell you right now, Im not lacking any faith ;) And I recon your correct, about the threats, its they're last resort. They may take the threat to one or two poor "bugga"s but its not like they can to everyone.

Pfft....silly congress people. Bet they gonna lose money in pursuit of these legal suits. They'll be better off helping the poor rather than standing by RIAA prosecuting the many innocents.

and of course they need to start with orrin hatch's computer since not long after he made those statements it was found he was running unlicensed software on his webite.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back