This patch package could not be opened error message in Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachessonny

This patch package could not be opened" error message in an Office program
Please help I cannot repair ,reinstall or remove word 2002.I am not getting office updates.
CS

What is the error message?

Also are you running with Administrator privlidge (check user accounts in Control Pane)
Usually it's just a matter of Re-installing, but you could try installing another version of Word (if you have access to another)

You could try to download the entire of Office 2007 (60 day trial) Then uninstall it, and see if Word 2002 then uninstalls (long shot)

Eh!! I am having the same problem for the last month...any ideas?

I am having the same problem...I have been researching this for over a month and am going crazy. Anyone have any solutions? I can't open a single word doc or the program itself. I cannot uninstall it or reinstall it either.

Patch could not be opened

Hello,
I finally fixed this problem after talking with Microsoft.
Kimland you cannot use the Windows Installer cleanup utility because the same problem happens with it,it will not run.
I did what Microsoft told me and it was rather easy.
I was a little worried about messing with the registry but it was easy.
I didn't mess with backing up outlook and it didn't do anything to my email apps.
Just follow the directions on the attachment.

Goodluck
Coachessonny

Attachments

• Re_ 1060722094 OFFXP_ Cannot check for updates issue.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 702
Thanks coachessonny,
That's exactly what the msicuu2.exe is suppose to do.
On error from that program, you were able to get guidance from MS regarding manual removal of the associated keys.

Well done
I have copied the information from your txt attachment, for any similar problems in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back