This Power supply enough for this video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delfofthebla

hello, i was thinking on getting this video card.
i see how it requires a minimum wattage of 350, but ive heard from these forums that you usually need alot more.

so im wondering, will this be a good enough power supply for the card? ive had bad problems with power supplys and video cards so i just want to be completely sure everything will work fine.

thanks in advance

-Teh Delf

It all depends on the quality of the PSU you go for, im no expert but it may not be enough amps on the rail. Im currently running a similar card (Gainward BLISS 7800GS which is 7800GT with an AGP bridge) on a 2 year old 360watt PSU and I have no problems.

I'll second what alexyboy123 is saying. It all depends on the quality of that 450w psu.

I did some googling, and it looks like it has 15amps on the 12v rail. Not all that great. Really, with that level of video card you'll want to be at least in the 24amp range.

Anyways, I found one review for you. This guy actually liked it, yet his testing on the PSU seemed quite minimal: http://www.modsynergy.com/review33.htm

DonNagual said:
I'll second what alexyboy123 is saying. It all depends on the quality of that 450w psu.

I did some googling, and it looks like it has 15amps on the 12v rail. Not all that great. Really, with that level of video card you'll want to be at least in the 24amp range.

Anyways, I found one review for you. This guy actually liked it, yet his testing on the PSU seemed quite minimal: http://www.modsynergy.com/review33.htm

hmm, i see.
do you have a power supply that you would reccomend? would need to be 5.9x5.9x3.3, you don't have to look for one, i just really need to know what the best option would be, i don't want to have performance issues

For the major brands, it is easy because they put good amps on the 12v rail. For the cheaper PSU companies, they tend to hide it if you know what I mean.

In general, to find how many amps on the various rails, you just go to the maker's website and the info is all there. Otherwise yes, you just google and find some reviews and hopefully someone has posted it there for you.

If you want to know the amps on a PSU you own, it is a little easier of course, you just look at the sticker attached to the PSU itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back