This proves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubKamran

That if you do your research and listen to instructions, that building a custom computer is a piece of cake :)

Got my memory today and I had zero problems with anything.

Whoop!

Only bad thing was that I couldn't use my hard drive with Windows Server 2003 because it gave me a stop error (probably the chipset drivers and whatnot).

But hey, I can just put it as secondary :D

Your right, buliding a PC really is cake!!!! So many people are misconsevied (like Investors), they think its really complicated, but its really not. Its like building legos - all you gotta do is put the blocks together. Its no rocketscience :)

I would add that it DOES take some skill in determining what parts to order, and matching the system as a whole. Once you have the parts however, a little patience and diligence are all it takes to have a successful build...I remember 10 years ago, I thought anyone who built their own PC had to be a genius...

Originally posted by lowman
I would add that it DOES take some skill in determining what parts to order, and matching the system as a whole. Once you have the parts however, a little patience and diligence are all it takes to have a successful build...I remember 10 years ago, I thought anyone who built their own PC had to be a genius...

Yeah he does make a good point! Ordering the correct parts, making sure they work well with your other components, or are compatible at all ;) You gotta have your facts strait and not end up with a 400MHz FSB 3200+ when your mobo will only take a 333MHz 3200+/3000+.

However the actual assembly is pie, the second time around. First time its not too rough, just do what I did, and stop by the 3dspotlight IRC channel and they can hook you up :D

The easy stuff is building one. The hard stuff is troubleshooting. Both true... the good stuff comes with the bad.

Hey mom,

Can you pass throught pc-chips-store when you come back from work. Get me an Athlon XP procesor 3200+ plus a socket a mobo supporting 400mhz ram. Also remember to get an 9600xt or maybe a 9700 pro if they still have one. An atx power supply a nice case and a screw driver...

My mom would come home with ..... TACHAN! - A ULTRA-SOPHISTICATED DELL SYSTEM

Lets admit it, it takes little to build a computer, a little more to troubleshoot it, but 90% of the people don't care, want, would like, give a **** about computers. Thats why technical support is there, cause it's easier to call someone else, as it is easier to buy a dell system and plug it in than build a custom system.

AND, we have to be HAPPY this is like this, because it would be no fun if my mom had an overclocked pc with watercooling, neons and 8 3000rpm fans rolling inside, it would make us (the ones inside this hard-world) loose the spotlight of the show :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back