This tiny transforming NYC apartment uses every space-saving trick in the book

By Shawn Knight
Mar 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Graham Hill, the founder of green design and living site TreeHugger, transformed his Manhattan studio apartment into an uber-efficient living space four years ago. He's now ready to move on and has put the pad up for sale for a...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

A million bucks for that postage stamp sized apartment?... Does he smoke the seeds from the trees he hugs?
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Gamesinner likes this.
  3. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 86

Yeah, I'll stick with my inefficient three bedroom two car garage house. lol
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

The crazy thing is he'll probably get his price even though it's not worth a quarter of that.
  5. He is a HOBBIT !!
  6. Heihachi1337

Heihachi1337 TS Rookie Posts: 49   +11

Leave it to folks from NY to be total morons thinking that tiny spaces like that are worth the price they pay.
    I'll stick with my 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with 3 car garage thanks. Oh, and not a lame *** garage that was converted to a living space.
  7. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Guru Posts: 861   +309

Japanese have been living in small apartments like these for a long time and doing much more inexpensively and beautifully. This guy is crazy
  8. dms96960

dms96960 TS Addict Posts: 253   +28

I think the design is neat. It reminds me of an IKEA store!
  9. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Whoa talk about a blast from the past this news is like what 3yrs old now?
  10. GunsAblazin

GunsAblazin TS Rookie Posts: 75

Why pay 1M for a room that size. I can probably build that myself in my $600 apartment lol. Thanks for the idea.