TechSpot

This vid card or that?

By grayG
Dec 17, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankibo

frankibo TS Rookie Posts: 83

It aren't the best videocards for those games, but if you want my advice over those too. I advice you to take the 5500.

2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

WoW and WC3 don't take good videocards at all. WC3 runs quite respectably on integrated actually. And WoW will run quite nicely on a 9250 or something of the like. So don't worry about getting anything too expensive.

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

4. MetalX

Err TimeParadoX, that link goes right back to this page. Lol, you might wanna fix that :p

5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Oh lol, Im just use to linking pages from techspot to other post :D

6. grayG

grayG TS Rookie Topic Starter

That eVGA card says it needs a "Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amps." I'm afraid my stock PSU only has about 10 amps on that rail :(

7. MetalX

Ok, you should probably get a new PSU then. From Antec, Enermax, PCP&C, OCZ, Corsair, Fortron, TT etc. Make sure it has at least around 450 watts and 24A+ on the 12V rail. Should run you about $50.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.