1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

This video demonstrates how easy it is to "fake it" on Facebook

By Shawn Knight · 12 replies
Jun 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Have you ever noticed that virtually everyone on Facebook leads a totally awesome life? Between that new promotion at work, completing a 26-mile marathon, having dinner out on the town with the most amazing person in the world or ditching...

Read more

cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,205   +216

I knew it. facebook is a typographical error as the correct spelling is fakebook. :)

LookinAround and cliffordcooley like this.
  3. FakeBook is the European spelling!

4. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Evangelist Posts: 621   +122

Thanks for the pep talk, Techspot!

5. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,205   +216

I have some friends with facebook accounts using 'fake credentials' on facebook so the article is not far-fetched.

6. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 515   +155

Hmm my Facebook is completely opposite I see at least 10 negative "my life sucks, this job sucks, my friends sucks, blah blah blah" posts for every 1 decent somewhat happy/ positive post.

7. davislane1

davislane1 Inquisitor Posts: 4,104   +3,046

Can't say I had too many people in my feed who were competing for Most Interesting Man in the World, before I iced my account. It was mostly political commentary and fluff (xkcd, youtube links, etc.). It would appear that the Golden Rule still applies: don't believe everything you see or read on the Internet.

8. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Evangelist Posts: 1,315   +405

Take anything on Facebook at face value? Give me a break! What planet are you living on anyway?

9. Yeah da stolen project

10. dms96960

dms96960 TS Addict Posts: 271   +39

Outstanding clip!! Love it.

11. sambob

sambob TS Rookie

Thanks for this news breaking story...."REALLY"..I haven't looked at a digital photo or video in 15-20 years and not thought might be fake.
    With the current state of digital photo and video editing software almost anyone can "fake It", but I suppose you guys never heard of Photoshop.

12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,962   +3,152

Congratulations for commenting as if, the entire story was about Photoshop capabilities! I suppose you used Photoshop to post your comment as well.

Steve likes this.
  13. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,288   +1,377

I went fishing today and caught a dozen massive snapper, here is a photo of one really close to the camera.

Played golf today and got a hole in one, here is a photo of the score card I didn’t manipulate.

So on and so forth…

People were faking it or embellishing stories long before Facebook came along, it’s just easier to spam everyone with your BS now ;)

Personally I have never had a Facebook account ... am I missing out? :)

The clip is very funny/depressing.

cliffordcooley likes this.