Those who own a vnf4 ultra motherboard.. Just needed to know 1 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossimoboy

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded to a VNF4 Ultra from chaintech, and I know two people here
have that model motherboard, and I was just wondering how long you've had your boards and if you've had any problems with them.
I ask this because I read a lot of customer reviews for the mobo, and some people said theirs died after about 7 months use. And I really hope mine doesn't die!!

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I've had mine since January 18, 2005, so in a few days, it will have run for 1yr. It's been stable, even being overclocked for the majority of the time I've used it. Only problem I had so far with the rig was when the lightning got it, killed my surge protector and the psu, but the board/cpu/video were ok. Got the surge protector replaced under warranty. My vnf4 is different than current ones a little bit, it's "passively cooled", so it has no fan on the chipset(but I added a 40mm fan myself to the cooler), and the board itself is blue instead of black, but other than that, it's the same. I'm using the 4.0 bios, it works well, good oc'ing(vcore works in this bios), and fan speed control. Vnf4ultras were cheap for a while, as low as $65, I paid $129, when it came out, and it was in such demand, I was lucky to get it at all at the time. Even at that price, it's a good board.

Thanks for replying, I feel more confident in it now.

I think mine will last, I'm not overclocking, and the chipset already came
with a fan.

i hade myne for 2 months and its goin strong on 8to 15 hours a day and i payed 70 dollors on newegg, i agree with vnf4 its a stable board and great value, i didnt replace any fans thoguh

i would reomend this board, and i wouldnt worry about it dieing becasue it has a 1? year waintee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back