Thread locking policies?

By shanen
Sep 14, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Probably posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it. URL?

Situation is that I found a thread quite similar to my problem, but it's locked without answer. I had some additional data, but...
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

It may have been locked due to the nature of it. Depending on what it was about.
  3. shanen

shanen TS Rookie Topic Starter

It was about USB booting to an old computer, a ThinkPad X30. The discussion from a couple of years ago was similar to what I was doing last week, though my approach involves YUMI. Mostly I wanted to ask if it had ever been solved, because it was left dangling there, but if I get a solution when I return to the problem (probably not until two weeks from now), then I would have been glad to share it...
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Old threads do get locked to prevent necro-bumping (aka: resurrecting old threads). Which is what you are looking to do.

What you could do is start a new thread and link back to the original thread of interest. Then post your issue and request help finding a solution.

There has also been threads locked because for instance specific words in the thread attracts spammers. Therefor locking the thread could result in less work for site staff.
    learninmypc and Cobalt006 like this.